No announcement yet.
X

Pilot road 3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well I have them ordered. will post back with experiences when I get to run them a few thousand km
    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

I just put the Pilot 3's on my bike last week. I'm very happy. I feel as if i'm glued to the road.

Comment

Im putting a 160/60/17 rear pilot power (single compound) and was thinking of going with a dual compound like a Road 2, 3 or CT FOR THE FRONT, wondered if anyone disagrees with not using the same front and rear set. If my rear is softer and the front is a med, would I be compromising safety here?

Comment

I would just run the same tire front and rear
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Katchu View Post
            Im putting a 160/60/17 rear pilot power (single compound) and was thinking of going with a dual compound like a Road 2, 3 or CT FOR THE FRONT, wondered if anyone disagrees with not using the same front and rear set. If my rear is softer and the front is a med, would I be compromising safety here?

Safety?... the tires won't explode or sabotage your or anything.

What you have is 2 differnt reactions to the same riding... the differnces between tires and brand types and how the respond to heating up, and stick.

Your street riding will probably not really tell you a differnce in how that specifica set up perform differntly... I dont' think you'll ever push them to the limit unless your out "knee dragging" on the roads, and you should be at the track doing that kind of stuff. (IMHO).

What you will see is a differnce in how they wear. Soft but sticky wears out much quicker than a harder compound. A dual compond tire will have nice tread left in the center, where as the single compund will flatten quickly and wear out the center on longer steet riding (unless all your roads are crazy curvy).

Just my thoughts on it though... I've not run tests on multiple bikes, multiple tire combos to post straight up facts.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I have run multiple tires on multiple bikes, and if I want a sticky tire anywhere, it's up front. I can correct for a loose rear, but when the front tucks it's time to find a comfortable crash position.
              Pics
              Pics
              No pics yet
              Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Ah yep, if in doubt run the sticky hoop up front....

My new Pilot Road 3s have now clocked around 500 miles, got the chicken strips down to a minimum, sticky even in very wet weather. Impressive is the word. They feel more secure than the Pilot Road 2s, so if they last the same distance I'm cool with the highish price.

Comment

I finally got mine in gave up on the wait for the two up version. I talked to michelin they are claiming that the be rated will not be available until july. First mile felt like I was glued to the road they didn't feel slick at all. I'm 200 miles in them now and I love how smooth they feel in the corners.
                  1992 katana 600 sold to Luke
                  1993 katana 600 sold
                  Bandit 1250 2007

Comment

My final thought on the PR3: I'm negotiating a price on 6 sets (a year's worth) right now.

Brilliant tires, absolutely brilliant!!!
                    Pics
                    Pics
                    No pics yet
                    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Willing to share any of the details of that deal or get an additional set or two?
                      -Steve

sigpic
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I'm still working on it, not getting the price to what I want to pay... yet! I can do BB with AMA discount for under 300/set, you're going to need a 180, and one guy I'm talking to doesn't do anything but 190, when he comes back with an offer, I'll ask about a 180. Local shop was a bit of a bust... Gonna try to hit up the shop in Manassas too.
                        Pics
                        Pics
                        No pics yet

Comment

6 sets a year? color me green with envy- that's some miles.
                          sigpic
                          "Character, in the long run, is the decisive factor in the life of an individual and of nations alike." Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Last set was barely hanging in there with 6200 miles (Concours 14), I put 33k miles on the Connie in the last year, so yeah, 6 sets should last me a little more than a year.
                            Pics
                            Pics
                            No pics yet

Comment

hahahaha, are you running a taxi service on the bike ?
                              2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by mammut89 View Post
                                hahahaha, are you running a taxi service on the bike ?
                                Just taking a blind shot in the dark.. work in DC?
                                sigpic
                                "Character, in the long run, is the decisive factor in the life of an individual and of nations alike." Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                X