X

Pilot road 3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilot road 3

just wanted to know if anyone has any objetions or bad / good experience with these tires / dimensions.

I dont know what M/C means. anyone clarify ?

PILOT ROAD 3 FRONT
    120/70 ZR17 TL 58(W) M/C
    PILOT ROAD 3 REAR 160/60 ZR17 TL 69(W) M/C

going to place an order tonight if no one has any objections.

and reason for choosing these ?

I do about 4000 km commuting back and forth to my job. about 2-3 longer trips a year ( around 1000km trips with 50% twisties and 50% motorway )

and over here in norway from august on you can expect pretty much over half of the days to be rainy so I need some good rain tires.

2015 BMW S1000R

M/C may just signify that they are motorcycle tires.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by mammut89 View Post
      just wanted to know if anyone has any objetions or bad / good experience with these tires / dimensions.

I dont know what M/C means. anyone clarify ?

PILOT ROAD 3 FRONT 120/70 ZR17 TL 58(W) M/C
      PILOT ROAD 3 REAR 160/60 ZR17 TL 69(W) M/C

going to place an order tonight if no one has any objections.

I've wondered about getting these also, I'll be due when I get back to the States (mostly since the bike has been sitting for a year and I'd just feel more comfortable with fresh rubber).

Anyone gone running in these shoes yet?
      sigpic
      "Character, in the long run, is the decisive factor in the life of an individual and of nations alike." Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

I've never run them, but Free Coffee swears by Michelin tires. He went with them when he got his ZZR, and loves them. I think he used the 2CTs, though...and Pures.
        ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
        チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
        Semper Fi

Comment

The Road 3's are supposedly better than the 2CTs for wet & dry traction and durability for the long & straight rides... but that's what the manufacturer says. It's like they're trying to sell the d*mn tires!
          sigpic
          "Character, in the long run, is the decisive factor in the life of an individual and of nations alike." Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Here is a great review of the PR3 and they have pretty high marks.

I like the comments about the sipes and may run these when my Pilot Power front and Pr2 rear wear out on my VFR. From what I have read the pures aren't a very good street tire because they are softer then the pilot powers.

I would give them a go based on the reviews because I know these are my next set of tires.

Comment

M/C = Motorcycle.

I think that thetable is currently running a set of PR3's. I can't remember for sure...

Pilot Road ARE "2ct" tires, however they are not the "2CT"

It's the one thing I find a little annoying about the current tire line up.

2CT is their generic term for a dual compound tire... PR, PR2, and PR3 are all dual compound tires. the "2CT" tires are the more "aggressive" tire that is a split between pilot power and race tire.
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                M/C = Motorcycle.

I think that thetable is currently running a set of PR3's. I can't remember for sure...

2CT is their generic term for a dual compound tire... PR, PR2, and PR3 are all dual compound tires. the "2CT" tires are the more "aggressive" tire that is a split between pilot power and race tire.

This is because 2CT refers tot he dual compound, and they offer 1 tire currently that is NOT dual compound

The pilot power is available in Either single compound, or it's the Pilot Power 2CT designating it's the street/track dual compound.

The only reason 2CT was added to the name on that set, was the specify... it's using the 2CT tec over the track oriented version.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

alrighty , im placing the order then
                  2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                    M/C = Motorcycle.

He seems really happy with his PR3's.
                    Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah but that boy goes through tires so fast you never know what he's running
                      -Steve

sigpic
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Hey guys, my 06 750 Kat is onto its third set of Michelins. Now running Pilot Road 3's with 120/70 front and 160/60 rear. Previous set was Power Pure in same sizes, just to give that new fangled light tyre technology a whirl. Yep, it works but it also makes the bike feel more nervous and twitchy than I prefer.

The Pilot Road 2's before that had a little less grip, loads more stability. Needless to say the set of Power Pure didn't last much beyond 5000 miles. The Pilot Road 2's gave around 14000 miles.

The Pilot Road 3's have brought back that relaxed and stable feel I prefer in my Kat, still loads of wet grip. Give it a few months and we'll see how they handle the distance. I could be mistaken but it feels (and looks) to me that the PR3 has a more rounded profile than the PR2, this contributing to that relaxed feel brought about by a larger contact patch.

Comment

I'll try to get on later and give more thought into the matter, but to quote Ferris Bueller, "It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up."
                          Pics
                          Pics
                          No pics yet
                          Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

I have a set on order , actually back order for my Bandit. I will let you know when they come in. I had Pilot Powers on my Kat and I loved them. I cant wait to try out the PR3's
                            1992 katana 600 sold to Luke
                            1993 katana 600 sold
                            Bandit 1250 2007

Comment

I recently got the pilot road 2s and only put on about 400miles so far but I can tell you they have been awesome, I had them on a wet road, I can lean the bike on the mountain roads with plenty to still go.

If the 3s are really supposed to be better then I say go for it!

Comment

Working...
                              X