X

High Speed Wobble

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Speed Wobble

I am experiencing a wobble when I get up over 100 mph. I feel it in my seat, not my handlebars. I recently installed a new rear tire, but it was balanced. I checked the old wheel bearings and they were in good shape. It didn't wobble before I put the new tire on. If I am going around a turn it is worse. It feels like the seat is moving side to side. How can I fix this problem?
    1996 Katana 600. D&D Custom Paint Job, Vance and Hines Full System, factory pro jet kit.

sounds like your rear wheel isn't 'square'....as in, the adjustment is off from side to side. the axle adjusters and hasch marks on the swingarm arent always the gretest things to measure off of, I would suggest measuring from the center of the axle to the swingarm pivot center on both sides. If they are different, adjust as necessary and take a test ride. If they are the same, I'd check for a bent wheel or axle.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

or just ride slower.
      sigpic

Signature was getting too long, check my garage for list of mods.

Comment

well i want to fix it so I'll probably look at my adjustments and axle
        1996 Katana 600. D&D Custom Paint Job, Vance and Hines Full System, factory pro jet kit.

Comment

Originally posted by WickedKatweazle View Post
          or just ride slower.
          ...does not compute...
          2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
            sounds like your rear wheel isn't 'square'....as in, the adjustment is off from side to side. the axle adjusters and hasch marks on the swingarm arent always the gretest things to measure off of, I would suggest measuring from the center of the axle to the swingarm pivot center on both sides. If they are different, adjust as necessary and take a test ride. If they are the same, I'd check for a bent wheel or axle.
            Teddy... Can you explain alittle more on how to measure to insure the axle is straight? I'm thinking what your saying is to measure from the swingarm mounting area bolt to the tire axle? I assume you mean with a yard stick or long ruler? That just doesn't seem like a accurate way to measure or atleast very easy to get precise. Or am I missing something here?
            My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

Ummmmm....YOU shouldn't have to fix the problem..... take the bike back to who installed the tire and tell them you think THEY fugged up.
              sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
              ------------------------------------------
              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

^+1
                time to nut up or shut up
                Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
                The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

that's to keep you awake.
                  never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                    Ummmmm....YOU shouldn't have to fix the problem..... take the bike back to who installed the tire and tell them you think THEY fugged up.
                    This is the thing to do. Dont touch anything till you take it back.
                    1990 GSXF 1100
                    2011 KLR 650

Comment

you could also lay a straightedge against the side of the rear sprocket, and see if it looks like the chain runs in a straight inline with the rear sprocket.
                      John,
                      '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X