No announcement yet.
X

sandpaper???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont know about sandpaper, but with a gsxr owner, anything is Plausible.

I just bought some Angel ST tires and I did what I always do. Wash off the mold release with some scotbrite, dish soap and hot water. I dont know about any oils, but it takes the sweaky shine off the tires. I also get my wheels really clean, as a side effect.

Last edited by GSXfs600; 11-12-2009, 02:15 PM.

Comment

a quick lil burnout scuffs the rear right up. The fronts usually take a few short rides and there fine.

Originally posted by Wheel View Post
      Lol I was wondering if the legal department's liability control people would take long to point that out for me since I elected to omit a smiley.. haha

I know, there are certainly people out there that would think "good idea!" lol

hahah
      Disclaimer: The comments and opinions posted are that of the posting members only! In NO way Does the administration of this Forum take responsibility for the injury of anyone who breaks their friggin neck attempting to listen to stupid advice!
      Last edited by JokerZwild; 11-12-2009, 01:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      Joker
      The newest addition to the Family!
      sigpic
      stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Meh, I've seen it done, but don't really do it myself. I'm gentle with fresh rubber and gradually increase lean angles. That has worked just fine for me for the last dozen sets of tires or so.

Besides tires will last longer if they are gradually brought up to temp especially the first ride. Lots of chemistry involve with breaking molecular bonds and allowing them to come back together.

And one more edit:

Consider that the rubber compounds in sportbike tires are very similar to the compounds used in race tires.
        Last edited by thetable; 11-12-2009, 01:57 PM.
        Pics
        Pics
        No pics yet
        Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Working...
        X