No announcement yet.
X

Grab A Cog

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmmm. I just looked at the rear sprocket and its a 45t. not sure about the front as I cant see it. also have the 160/60 rear tire. when I checked the speedo on a radar machine the police had set up on my street it was only reading 3 mph faster than the radar @30 mph.

Comment

3 mph off at 30 mph is about 10% . Mine reads about 10% fast too according to the stationary radar down the street from me ( Reads 55 at actual 50 ) . That's about normal for bikes .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by katana bob
        hmmmm. I just looked at the rear sprocket and its a 45t. not sure about the front as I cant see it.
        Mine's got a 45t in the rear too. I haven't been able to figure out if that was stock. If stock is 47, I don't really see why you'd go to a 45. I dunno... My chain and sprockets are due for replacement, I'll probably go to 47.
        '01 TL1000R

Comment

Originally posted by mystahagy
          Mine's got a 45t in the rear too. I haven't been able to figure out if that was stock. If stock is 47, I don't really see why you'd go to a 45. I dunno... My chain and sprockets are due for replacement, I'll probably go to 47.
          45 will net you a bit of an increase in bottom-end take-off, at the expense of a bit of top-end speed. For a lot of riders, this is a desirable trade-off.

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
            45 will net you a bit of an increase in bottom-end take-off, at the expense of a bit of top-end speed. For a lot of riders, this is a desirable trade-off.

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Hey Cyber, I thought it was the other way around? Did you mean a 47 will increase take-off?
            '01 TL1000R

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Hey Cyber, I thought it was the other way around? Did you mean a 47 will increase take-off?
              Brain-fart. You're right.

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
              X