No announcement yet.
X

New tires

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ran the Road Attacks before I decided to try the Z6's. I got about 20,000 kms out of the Conti's and was very pleased with their handling in dry or wet. I would run them at a little higher tire pressure. I ran mine at 36/41. I weigh 215lbs. Excellent tire all around. You won't be dissapointed, beleive me. Here's a review http://canyonchasers.net/reviews/tires/road-attack.php
    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by Delgado View Post
      I`ve always heard that the recommended tire size for a pre is 150/70/17.Can this brand tire be used safely on a 3.5 rim?
      most 160/60 tires arnt safe for a pre kat... but the conti's are an exception. there are several members here with pre's and 160's

they are safe. Believe me I would NEVER put another riders life in danger by saying some BS. PM The Cyberpoet, hell tell you exactly what i just said.

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
        most 160/60 tires arnt safe for a pre kat... but the conti's are an exception.
        You know that's strange, when I bought my Ninja the PO had a Conti Road Attack 190 on the rear 5.5" rim. Seems like a trend that Conti fits one size up...mind you it looked and handled like **** but
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
          most 160/60 tires arnt safe for a pre kat... but the conti's are an exception. there are several members here with pre's and 160's

they are safe. Believe me I would NEVER put another riders life in danger by saying some BS. PM The Cyberpoet, hell tell you exactly what i just said.
          Thanks for the info. I know this is not my thread but I`m currently running Metzeler Lasertec(On Kat when purchased) and it`s time for sum new rubber.What size front tire should I go with if I purchase the Conti 160/60/17?
          1990 Kat 750 GSXR750 cams Barnetts clutch kit Yoshimura full exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by Delgado View Post
            Thanks for the info. I know this is not my thread but I`m currently running Metzeler Lasertec(On Kat when purchased) and it`s time for sum new rubber.What size front tire should I go with if I purchase the Conti 160/60/17?

The front should always stay the same 120/70/17 front and 160/60/17 rear.

the middle number just reflects a ratio of the width as profile. The 160 is a bit wider (not much) and the sidewalls are lower profile than the 150. Looks kick arse and handles better IMHO although people will say it doesnt because its wider.

Conti sport 120/70/17 and 160/60/17 $228 free shipping http://www.ridedirect.com/showProduc...1097&cat_id=42

I have the sports, a bit softer material than the road attacks. They last like metz but handle like pilot powers. A great all around tire.

If you just do highway cruising the roads would be better (although you wont see too much of an increase in mile wear, sports tend to go 15,000-20,000 miles easily

$223 http://www.ridedirect.com/showProduc...=441&cat_id=42

Id say, for $5 and about 500-1000 miles less the sports are worth it. I have NEVER EVER EVER NOT ONCE had my rear slip on on me. It really is black chili. They heat up fast but last. Ive had them for tons of miles and i can still see the little CONTIattack logo on the tread.
            Last edited by IndyGunner; 12-20-2008, 04:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I run them as well, and cant say enough good about them. I actually tried to get the rear to slip out on a wet road, and it wouldnt. Maybe I didnt try hard enough, but I have total confidence in them, nontheless!!!!
              ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
              チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
              Semper Fi

Comment

I just installed a pair of conti force and I really like the tires so I know the road attack would be a great tire on your bike
                sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

The front should always stay the same 120/70/17 front and 160/60/17 rear
                  Thanks again I`ll be ordering me a set of Conti`s unless someone see this post and recommend Z6`s lol.
                  1990 Kat 750 GSXR750 cams Barnetts clutch kit Yoshimura full exhaust

Comment

np man, im sure youll be happy with em. Ride safe

Comment

I recommend Z6`s

Comment

Working...
                      X