X

New tires

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tires

I am thinking about buying a set of ContiRoadAttack tires - Does anyone have comments good or bad that they would want to share. I really like the tread design.

There grrrrrrreat! Just got my 2nd set put on last weekend. You won't be dissapointed.
    myspace
    2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

I have not run them myself, but I have heard from others, whose opinion I trust highly that they are a great tire that performs well.
      I would like to know how many miles people are getting out of them, I do a lot of highway riding and need to know how long they last.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by ZukiFred View Post
        I would like to know how many miles people are getting out of them, I do a lot of highway riding and need to know how long they last.
        I just went 11k on mine. There was still a lot of tread left front and rear. I had to have them replaced because my back tire wasn't holding air anymore. It had about 4 or 5 nails in it and a plug that I put in 4 months ago. Other than having to put air in it every week for the last month, the rear held up for all 12 rounds and got my decision. I didn't have any problems with the plug either. The front tire didn't have any issues and could have gone another couple thousand miles. I do a lot of highway driving also. I realize the danger of driving on the bad tire, but these tires gave me total confidence in the structure of it.
        myspace
        2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Thanks for the info Mat0302, That is just what I was hoping to hear!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

I got a pair of conti sports. Softer compound but essentially the same thing. Best tire IMHO. I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone.

Get the 120/70/17 (front) and 160/60/17 (rear) size.

Comment

I've run them exclusively on my 90 600 Kat. Had Bridgestone Battleaxes on it when I bought it. I didn't think any better or worse of them until I put the Continental road attacks on. With the bridgestone bt's, the bike would walk in a hard corner, the front would start edging out, the back would waiver under the pressure it seemed. Switched to the Conti Road Attacks and the bike is planted, solid, and confident in the corners. Also, excellent tire if you ride in the rain, it performs without gripe. Had nothing but good experiences with it. I put around 3,000 - 4,000 miles on my back so far, and it looks almost brand new The front really is brand new.

As bean said, the 120/70/17 (front) and 160/60/17 (rear) size does well on them for me and apparentally ed too.
              Currently Riding:
              1995 Katana 600
              V&H Exhaust
              Jet Kit

SOLD
              2003 SV650S - Orange Comet Project
              1987 XV700 Bobber
              REPO'D - 2004 Harley XL1200R

“Ill Keep Freedom, My Guns, & My Money, You Keep The Change

Comment

Originally posted by katanawarrior View Post
                Also, excellent tire if you ride in the rain, it performs without gripe. Had nothing but good experiences with it.
                oh yeah, +1 to that. Got stuck in the rain plenty of times and the tires did great. heck, I went to pick up my bike monday night and it started raining and I had to ride home on brand new tires in a steady rain. The tires hadn't been scrubbed in yet. I took it easy, but they didn't slip once.
                myspace
                2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

When I had my R6 I had 3k on these tires of hard riding and had no real signs of wear. They have great feedback, wear, and stability. I also got stuck in the rain with them more than a few times going to school. They never slipped and felt awesome in the wet.

I traded in the 6 and have a VFR with these shoes on them. Don't have much miles on the VFR cause I bought it in the off season in IL.

Comment

Pre and post 98 tires have different recommended sizes. These guys have post bikes apparently. If you have a pre I'd go with the 150/70's on the back (can't remember the front, but there's a thread or 8 about it in the tires and wheels section).
                    Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

My Road Attacks are still in the box. I'm waiting for a warm day to burn off what's left of my Diablos. Heard nothing but praise for them, tho. Diablos were excellent tires, but lost their shape too quick for me... (I am a cheap SOB).
                      "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

I'm running metz z6's right now, but I'm likely to try these tires next for comparison. I hear very similar praises for both.
                        Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Originally posted by HexKrak View Post
                          Pre and post 98 tires have different recommended sizes. These guys have post bikes apparently. If you have a pre I'd go with the 150/70's on the back (can't remember the front, but there's a thread or 8 about it in the tires and wheels section).
                          conti tires are one of the few exceptions. they will run a 160/60/17 fine. Trust me, PM cyber if you dont believe us!

Comment

conti tires are one of the few exceptions. they will run a 160/60/17 fine. Trust me, PM cyber if you dont believe us!
                            I`ve always heard that the recommended tire size for a pre is 150/70/17.Can this brand tire be used safely on a 3.5 rim?
                            1990 Kat 750 GSXR750 cams Barnetts clutch kit Yoshimura full exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by Delgado View Post
                              I`ve always heard that the recommended tire size for a pre is 150/70/17.Can this brand tire be used safely on a 3.5 rim?
                              When in doubt, go straight to the source........ call Continental directly and ask them. A lot of times they have more and better info than they post in catalogs and on websites about their tires, fitments, PSI recommendations, etc.
                              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
                              X