• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radial or Bias

1991 750 Katana -

Radial or Regular tire required ? 150/70x17

Thanks

Always buy radials if at all possible for any street ridden motorcycle. Not only are they much safer in the event of a blow out, but they also handle better, ride smoother, and usually wear better making them last longer.
    John,
    '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
    sigpic

Comment

Radial - no question.
      "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Radial...you wont find one person here to agree with a Bias tire....they are just not safe....compared to a radial

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

you can only get radials now though in england what about the us?

Comment

We yanks can still get bias tires.
            Pics
            Pics
            No pics yet
            Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

I ran the SPort Demons several years back . I liked them better than the Avon45/46's I'd had on previous . But the Stradas blow THEM away by about the same margin the Demons blew the Avons away . Point is , I'd use a good bias if I really wanted to . Yeah , radials are safer , but I'd hit a set of Sport Demons again if I got a KILLER deal on them . But I wouldn't take them over the Stradas given comparable prices .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I like my avon venom bias tires seem pretty grippy but I will be going to radials next time around definetly
                1992 kawa Zx-7 -750cc
                2003 fairings,1995 gas tank,polished frame,muzzy titanium exhaust,Unknown jet kit,520 chain conversion,polished forks,race tail,fcr flatside carbs...
                sigpic1989 katana 1100F,v&H exhaust,FP jet kit,FP advancer,avon venom tires,polished swingarm,NRC covers ,big bore kit,manual cam chain tensioner,k&n filters .
                Burn rubber, not your soul. Ride among us.
                A.S.E. master certified auto tech

Comment

Today Bias ply's are for cruisers!!!(IMO)! Low speed, soft ride.

All I ever used in the past were Mezteler bias ply tires. My Z6's are my first radials.

Comment

When I went to buy tires for my new bike ('86 Fazer), I found out it's almost impossible to find radials for it (16" front/15" rear tire), so I had to go with bias. Another problem was the bike originally came with V speed rated tires from the factory, and I can't find anyone that still makes a V rated to fit it anymore.
                    John,
                    '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                    sigpic

Comment

avon's maybe mine are H-rated
                      1992 kawa Zx-7 -750cc
                      2003 fairings,1995 gas tank,polished frame,muzzy titanium exhaust,Unknown jet kit,520 chain conversion,polished forks,race tail,fcr flatside carbs...
                      sigpic1989 katana 1100F,v&H exhaust,FP jet kit,FP advancer,avon venom tires,polished swingarm,NRC covers ,big bore kit,manual cam chain tensioner,k&n filters .
                      Burn rubber, not your soul. Ride among us.
                      A.S.E. master certified auto tech

Comment

Originally posted by Spraguepsycho1 View Post
                        When I went to buy tires for my new bike ('86 Fazer), I found out it's almost impossible to find radials for it (16" front/15" rear tire), so I had to go with bias. Another problem was the bike originally came with V speed rated tires from the factory, and I can't find anyone that still makes a V rated to fit it anymore.
                        You can still find V-rated radials in the 15 & 16" tire sizes from a few vendors -- I think Shinko may be one of them. It really sucks to have 15 & 16" wheels because of the tire situation, and I've known quite a few people to upgrade wheels to get around this...

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                        X