Macadam dilemma

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StevieB View Post
    Frankly, I don't care.
    Okay, that was harsh. I got carried away. Started thinking about this, and decided to come back and modify it a bit. FWIW, I was going to modify it regardless of any response anyone might had posted. I only read the more recent post AFTER composing this.

So, I am sorry I came on so strong. Really, I am. And it was not really what I wanted to say. Let me try again:

Guys- let's pay more attention to the OP's needs, and less to what WE would do. We are not him. We ride differently, perhaps. Macadams may be terrible twisty tires- but they wear for miles, which makes 'em great communter tires.

That better?
    "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Just looked on Ebay for completed auctions. Closest a rear 150/70 came to selling for was $20, at that price, you have to ask yourself, "is it worth it?" Not in my world. I would take it off, throw it in a trash bag, and put it somewhere temperature controlled away from electric motors. This makes it so you have a matched set on the bike which will in turn give much more predictable handling. You also have a good spare so you don't have to worry should something happen to the Strada. Come spring, it might be worth revisiting what they are going for on Ebay and make a decision if you still want to hold onto it.
      Pics
      Pics
      No pics yet
      Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

If you are simply commuting and not looking for a better handling experience then run the Macadam until it is done. If you occassionally want to get out and play, then get the Macadam off the bike.

I got $80.00 for my Macadam.
        R.I.P. Marc

Comment

Working...
        X