X

Rear Tire Specs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Tire Specs

I just added a forum regarding the axel bolt specs. Anyone change their own tires??? My uncle got a tire changer but has an ST1100 which is shaft drive. we need all the info we can get for taking off the rear tire. thanks guys!!!
    Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
    Current Bikes:
    1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Suggest you ask at an ST1100 forum for the specs

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by STULER View Post
      we need all the info we can get for taking off the rear tire. thanks guys!!!
      What exactly are you looking for? Take off wheel, take air out of tire, break bead, use tire levers to remove tire from rim.
      Pics
      Pics
      No pics yet
      Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Here's the story. I got a nail in my rear tire 4K miles ago but repaired it with a tar strip patch. The hole was in the tread so it wasn't that big of a deal. While washing my bike, I noticed yet another nail. I decided driving with 2 plugs in was absolutely dumb so I bought a new tire. My uncle has a tire changer that he just bought. He changed tires on 3 bikes.

1. 1994 Honda ST1100
        2. 2004 Honda ST1300
        3 2005 Honda ST1300

All of these bikes are shaft driven. He wants to know what all needs to be done with the rear parts of the bike. I'm not very good with working on things like this. I know motors. So what all needs to be done? He wanted me to research this so we don't end up spending hours doing this. Thanks for your help.
        Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
        Current Bikes:

Comment

OH, so you're actually asking about changing the tire on a kat, because your uncle has only done shaft-drive bikes? It's simple. Unbolt the wheel, take off the brake caliper, loosen the adjusters all the way, slide wheel forward to get chain off sprocket, and then yank out the axle and pull the wheel off, taking notice of where the spacers go. Changing the tire is the same as any other tire.
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Actually, for an '98-06 rear, you don't have to remove the rear caliper.
            Just put it up on the centerstand, remove the cotter pin through the castle nut, remove the castle nut and pull the axle out (be sure to get everything that is going to fall off, and do so in the right order (nut, washer, swingarm chain guide, [swingarm], spacer, wheel, spacer, [swingarm], swingarm chain guide, washer, bolt).

Push the tire forward, unhook the chain, and then pull it rearwards.

DONE.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

If you have the stock shovel, then you will also want to get the rear a little higher than the center stand goes by itself. I find it easiest to put the centerstand on a piece of 1x12, and it lifts everything up just enough.
              Pics
              Pics
              No pics yet
              Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Well its getting done saturday. Thanks for the info
                Current Bikes:

Comment

Working...
                X