Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoa

Holy frigginfroigle, Batman!

They're amazing.

I'm only at 45 miles on them but they grip the road like velcro! I can't wait to see what they're like in 100 miles or so.

I can just flick the handlebars and the bike actually turns! It's sweet! The only unnerving part is the fact that the bike now turns when I nudge the handlebars...it took a lot of effort before but with the new tires it just wants to lean over NOW!

Plus, the turn "speed" on the bike is crazy fast. It really feels like I could maneuver around cars, potholes, people, whatever, if I needed to! On the old Barracudas (Cheng Shin), the front tire wanted to skip instead of turn if I tried to turn it quickly.

Thank you Pirelli for these Diablos! They're fantastic.

Thanks guys! \/

Comment

Re: Whoa

Originally posted by Newman
      Holy frigginfroigle, Batman! They're amazing.Thank you Pirelli for these Diablos! They're fantastic.

Thanks guys! \/
      Your welcome for the advice. They are just as they were intended to be, and now you know why we (well, at least I) say Chen-shins are the worst thing out there... Unless you've ridden better, you'd never know how good a bike it can be

PS - thank Metzeler... they manufacture Pirelli's motorcycle tires for them :P
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Re: Whoa

Holy frigginfroigle, Batman!

They're amazing.

I'm only at 45 miles on them but they grip the road like velcro! I can't wait to see what they're like in 100 miles or so.

I can just flick the handlebars and the bike actually turns! It's sweet! The only unnerving part is the fact that the bike now turns when I nudge the handlebars...it took a lot of effort before but with the new tires it just wants to lean over NOW!

Plus, the turn "speed" on the bike is crazy fast. It really feels like I could maneuver around cars, potholes, people, whatever, if I needed to! On the old Barracudas (Cheng Shin), the front tire wanted to skip instead of turn if I tried to turn it quickly.

Thank you Pirelli for these Diablos! They're fantastic.

Thanks guys! \/
        I couldn't agree more. IMHO, the Diablos are the BEST bang for the buck for the Kat.

As far as your foot position--as I look at those pics, you are not on the balls of your feet--you've got some wide "stylish" shoes on. You are going to have to be on your toes if you are going to be railing in them. There will be no need to step on the rear brake, so don't worry about that.

Toes...in those shoes.

Oh--Diablos rock.

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

HORSE BANG!!! ........props to *GP*

Official coefficient of friction test dummy

Comment

Hmm

Bisq,
          Maybe I didn't pick up on something, and if so, I'm sorry.

Those are full-size Magnum boots. The boots are no wider than normal shoes; I just compared them to my other pairs of shoes. I can feel everything fine with the boots, too.

The part right behind the toes (the "balls" of the feet, as I'm lead to believe) is what I'm resting on the peg.

Fill me in. I'd like to know if something's up!

Comment

Re: Hmm

Those are full-size Magnum boots. The boots are no wider than normal shoes; I just compared them to my other pairs of shoes. I can feel everything fine with the boots, too.

The part right behind the toes (the "balls" of the feet, as I'm lead to believe) is what I'm resting on the peg.

Fill me in. I'd like to know if something's up!
            Right. That's what I mean. If you are still scraping your feet--you described it as ripping your foot back...then you need to have your feet farther back on the pegs.

Look at Randy's feet in this older pic:

HERE

He's got nearly his toes on the pegs.

I found that you have to go there on a Kat if you are going to be agressively cornering to the point where pegs are going to drag.

I think you have the balls of your feet on the pegs, and you need to move them back if they are dragging. You cannot have your toes catching asphalt at all.

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

HORSE BANG!!! ........props to *GP*

Official coefficient of friction test dummy

Comment

Cool

Sweet, thanks! I'll try it tonight.

Comment

Working...
              X