X

Best place to get new tires?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to get new tires?

Just picked up a sweet well maintained 94 Kat 600 today. One of the things it will need is a new rear tire because there is a small finishing nail in it. What do you all recommend for a tire vendor? I always go to TireRack for my Jeep tires and I figure there is a motorcycle type place thats similar.

Thanks in advance
    1993 Kat 600 - (Parts bike)
    1994 Kat 600 - Jardine full exhaust, Factory Pro Jet Kit, Pirelli Diablo Stradas, Fender CHOPPED, repainted plastics and tank

Talk to Mike ova at 'zukini world, See if he can hook ya up. If not, lemme know, I'm gonna be needing another rear for mine... too many tire burns, So maybe we can pair up and get a little break. I know for my 93 top of the line was the Lazertec from Metzler, The MZ6's aren't for that bike. Its a good sticky tire. Excellent wet traction and about 10k milage, which is right around what I have on my set now. My fronts still in excellent shape tho, the back probably would be too if I didnt love the smell of burning rubber LOL

Other then that, wait and see what others suggest here. Your not gonna be commuting anytime soon with the fluff on the ground.
    Last edited by Newbie2it; 01-28-2008, 02:32 AM.
    If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
    Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

I mail order mine, typically from AmericanMotoTire.com (just ordered yet another set of Z6's from them a couple days ago). Other well known vendors include DennisKirk.com and RonAyers.com.

Meanwhile, I'm going to say not to run the LaserTecs on your bike -- go for the Z6's in a 120/70ZR17 front and 150/70ZR17 rear, or optionally take the Pirelli Diablo Stradas in the same sizes (basically an almost identical tire built at the same Metzeler factory).

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I get all of mine from www.swmototires.com
        Nothin like watchin the sparks fly off the footpegs...

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
          I mail order mine, typically from AmericanMotoTire.com
          +1

If you are not going to be replacing the front at the same time, I would try to match at least the brand on the front, if not the model too. I try to always replace in pairs anyway, and hold onto at least one tire to hold me over should something bad happen so that I can keep riding until new tires arrive.
          Pics
          Pics
          No pics yet
          Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Southwest Moto Tires - Discount ATV and Motorcycle Tires : ditto inexpensive and fast delivery
            sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

I've gotten some good deals at

motorcycle accessories, motorcycle gear, accessories for motorcycles, motorbike accessories, motorbike gear, motorcycle apparel, motorbike apparel, motorcycle helmets, motorcycle jackets, motorcycle boots, motorcycle gloves, motorcycle tires, motorcycle parts, motorcycle covers, motorcycle luggage

Comment

I ordered my last set of tires from Dennis Kirk. They will beat any published tire price (they include shipping in the cost as well). Any orders from Dennis Kirk over $100 get free shipping.

Comment

The cheapest place I found for Metzler Z6's was www.motorcycle-superstore.com shipping was free. They are always having sales on tires and it only took 5 days to get them.
                  '06 600 Katana
                  http://www.facebook.com/herb.wright
                  Official Member of the I Own A 98+ But I Think Pre's Look Good Also Club

Originally posted by Kreylyn
                  Okay.... Have you have figured out some way to make the bottom of your bike and the top of the bike closer together... maybe put it under a steam roller or something?

Comment

Originally posted by TheWrightKat View Post
                    The cheapest place I found for Metzler Z6's was www.motorcycle-superstore.com shipping was free. They are always having sales on tires and it only took 5 days to get them.
                    I just ordered some gear from there myself..excellent customer service. Ive looked at the Michilin Pilot Road tire and debated on those or the Z6's..
                    “What you own is your own kingdom
                    What you do is your own glory
                    What you love is your own power
                    What you live is your own story” -Niel Peart

Comment

Originally posted by TheWrightKat View Post
                      Q: Did you get the Z6's mounted yet? How do they feel to you? (I'm on my 4th pair, so I know how they feel to me )
                      Q: Did you get a set of my tire valves? (shoot me an email)

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Last edited by The CyberPoet; 02-16-2008, 06:44 PM.
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I ordered my Conti Road Attacks from sandhillspowersports.com Good pricing and fast shipping.

As far as the tire, awesome. Nothing but good things to say about this type.
                        Foolish men search the earth for worldly masters, not realizing that their own mind is the master.

Comment

Check out http://www.tireexpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                            Q: Did you get the Z6's mounted yet? How do they feel to you? (I'm on my 4th pair, so I know how they feel to me )
                            Q: Did you get a set of my tire valves? (shoot me an email)

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            I had them mounted today and haven't ridden on them yet. Had to deliver pizza tonight so I wasn't able to put the bike back together until about 930pm tonight. I'll let you know what I think of them as soon as I test them out.
                            '06 600 Katana
                            http://www.facebook.com/herb.wright
                            Official Member of the I Own A 98+ But I Think Pre's Look Good Also Club

Originally posted by Kreylyn
                            Okay.... Have you have figured out some way to make the bottom of your bike and the top of the bike closer together... maybe put it under a steam roller or something?

Comment

Working...
                            X