X

Metzler Z6 price check..FYI

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metzler Z6 price check..FYI

Well the rear tire on the Kat (an older Metz ME 55A if I remember correctly) has seen better days. The middle is almost totally bald (commuter bike). And since the Z4 on the front is in great shape, I just ordered a rear...

I had price shopped online pretty much everywhere...and Ronayers was the cheapest for the Z6 in 150/70/17 $120 and some change.

I called Dennis Kirk as I had heard they price match, and Ron Ayers seems to take there own sweet time shipping things....and when I've dealt with Dennis Kirk the Shipping was quick.

So they looked up the tire I spoke about on Ronayers website (They asked for a RonAyers Part # and I gave 'em one)....so they said sure the would "beat it by a dollar"...

So I'm talking to the Sales person on the phone and I mention that Ron Ayers charges $12 to ship a tire. She says "Well it says right here on their website that shipping on any order over $100 is free" (it does) and I say, well I think that excludes tires. She responds with "Well maybe so, but today it's free........."

So I got the Z6 SHIPPED to me for $119 and some change. It left the same day. Due to come in via UPS tomorrow.

Local Shop told me $25 mount and balance off the bike. So I'll start taking it off tomorrow since I took all this week off.

I will DEFINITELY be dealing with Dennis Kirk more often now.

Not to do a plug, but...

Comment

Other notes:

The Z4 has been out of production for about 3 years now... might want to check the imprint date for when it was produced; if it's at or over 5 years since production, replace it for your own safety (tires harden and stop gripping properly).

Next time also check AmericanMotoTire.com

FloridaKat's price is great... Mark, if you don't move them by the time I get a new bike, I'll probably take them off your hands immediately.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Speaking of Metezler Z6, I just had a pair installed on my bike
        120/70/17 Front
        160/60/17 Rear

I could feel the difference - I paid $230 for both shipped to me plus $74 for install
        got mine from motorcyclesuperstore.com

I will post pics tomorrow

Comment

Working...
        X