X

nail in back tire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nail in back tire

found out yesterday i have a small nail in the bike tire (i also had a screw in the back tire of my truck, how crazy is that), so here's my excuse to get rid of the OEM tires....dont really know what to get or where to get them from...any ideas?? im in florida so i need something good for the hear and something good with the rain...sizes????
    carlos

I was quite happy with the Metz Z6s in the stock sizes. Great tire in all weather conditions.
    Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by woobie
      I was quite happy with the Metz Z6s in the stock sizes. Great tire in all weather conditions.
      is that what you have right now?? i've seen some posts about pirelli stradas?? how about those? can i buy them online ?

Comment

Originally posted by katana28
        i've seen some posts about pirelli stradas?? how about those? can i buy them online ?
        Yes , Diablo Stradas . GREAT ! Yes .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I live in Florida, and will recommend the Z6's over the Stradas... and here's why:

While they are almost identical tires, coming out of the same factory, two production lines apart, the Z6 has one extra groove for every five on the Stradas. In Florida's wet weather, that one-groove-per-six can make a difference in water handling ability and avoiding hydroplaning. Ditto on sticking to the stock 150/70ZR17 size rather than going up an size.

As for where to get them:
          Your local CycleGear store can order them, and although they charge too much for them IMHO, you do have the option of getting a road hazard warrantee through CycleGear that will keep you from going significantly out-of-pocket if you find another nail.
          Your dealer can also get 'em for you, but most dealers will rake you over the coals in terms of pricing (call around!).
          Personally, I get mine mail order via AmericanMotoTire.com, RonAyers.com or DennisKirk.com -- compared to local prices, they have fabulous pricing.

As for your existing tire(s) -- you can plug the hole to hold you over until the new ones arrive, then sell the used ones on eBay (someone will inevitably want them). To save you from having to do a write-up for your Michelin Crap-a-dams, I already have the files posted here (just add your own pics and modify the print to support your tire's conditions):
          macadam150.txt and macadam120.txt

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by woobie
            is that what you have right now?? i've seen some posts about pirelli stradas?? how about those? can i buy them online ?
            Nope, I'm trying the Strada's right now but the previous 2 sets were Z6s. In all honesty I don't notice a difference. Both tires are great in the rain, The Z6s I got about 16000 kms out of the rear(10K miles) and the front was still good for at least a few more thousand kms. Right now I think I've got 7 or 8000 kms on them and they are holding up well.

Sadly I do far to much straightline riding doing the daily commute, but I try to break it up by hitting the corners on the service roads halfway into work. So I really needed a high mileage tire, the Z6s and so far the stradas have fit the bill.

Unless I try the Pilot Powers next time around I'll no doubt just order the cheaper of the Z6s or stradas.
            Kyle

Comment

cool...thanks for all the help and links...im gonna place the order over the weekend...
              carlos

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                i've seen some posts about pirelli stradas?? how about those? can i buy them online ?
                Yes , Diablo Stradas . GREAT ! Yes .
                x2
                It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

I have found www.americanmototire.com to have the best prices
                  myspace
                  2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Love my Pirelli's!

Comment

Originally posted by Mat0302
                      I have found www.americanmototire.com to have the best prices
                      Also "yes" . Every other place seems to have them for at least $20 more .
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

for wet traction there is nothing better then Z6's.

Comment

i like the metz M3's never have i spun in the rain and in dry it is so sticky but it is a pretty soft tire so it will wear a bit but to me it's worth it. i got mine up her for 167 installed on my bike and the tire was only like 120 thats for a 170 size in the back
                          Is Effingham a swear word?

Comment

Avon Storms. Great in the wet, wear good and traction good. And compared to the stock tires, Dunlop or Macadam, well there is no comparison.

Comment

In Ohio I prefer the Michelin Pilot power even in cold weather.
                              TDA Racing/Motorsports
                              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                              Who knows what is next?
                              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
                              X