X

what tire is this

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what tire is this

Contour Modeling Technology (CMT) combines different profiles to optimize handling at all lean angles. Patented 0 degree steel belt technology provides stiffer carcass for perfect balance of performance for one- & two-up riding and minimizes stand-up behavior under mid-corner braking situations. Up to 20 percent dry grip improvement (over the ------) thanks to FCM (Finite Carbon Matrix), a new carbon black compound structure. Unmatched tread life, thanks to the combination of carcass, compound & tread design, provides you with a totally balanced performance during the entire life of the tire. W-rated for speeds up to 168 mph.

Metzeler Sportec M3
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by HS2020
      Metzeler Sportec M3
      no and one guess to a person too.next

Comment

Metzeler Z6 Road Tec Sport Touring Tires

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

(over the ------) = (over the ME Z4), in case that was a question too...

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

ya this part sold me.Up to 20 percent dry grip improvement (over the me z4) thanks to FCM (Finite Carbon Matrix), a new carbon black compound structure. Unmatched tread life,.... the z4 was a good tire.

Comment

Which is supposed to pretty much be the Diablo Strada , si ?
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

That combination statement applies to several tires on the market.

Both Metzeler and Pirelli (under license to Metzeler) use 0-degree belts, although Metzeler actually holds the patent for the technology. By varying the spacing of the winds in the near-zero-degree belting, they can change the stiffness of the tire between the center and various angles of lean, giving high rigidity and greater heat disipation to the center while permitting the off-center sections to run somewhat hotter for improved lean-grip and force a bigger foot-print while leaned over (permitting a bit more distortion for more sure-footedness). More-over, a zero-degree belt will help the tire retain it's shape during a puncture through the main treadface better than any other belt winding out there; this can be a real lifesaver (literally).

Contour Modeling Technology is their marketing speak for the triple-apex and infinite-apex design that I've raved on about for (five? six?) years now. The actual apex contours for both the front and rear tires are designed together to give cornering stability, grip-limit feedback and predictable/repeatable handling even as the tire temp changes.

Finite Carbon Matrix (FCM) is marketing speak for sub-4mm initial synthetic rubber (material-feed) bead size for the materials going into the presses, which permits use of better disbursed chemistry between the beads (such as Silan) and permits better graduations between differing rubber chemistry if the tire is actually molded as a multi-matrix compound (e.g. - grippier edges, harder center), or more silan between the beads that form the outer edges. Obviously, the bigger the initial material bead size, the less gradual the transition between differing chemistries can be.
                Note that when I say bead size in this case, I'm not talking about the bead of the tire where it hits the ledge of the rim/wheel, but the size of the pellets that feed into the tire presses before the tire gets molded.
                Although virtually all the motorcycle tire makers have stepped down to smaller beads over the past 5 years, Metzeler still leads in both smallest material bead size and in date of introduction of the smaller bead technologies (the beads seem to shrink about once every five years or so). By comparison, most of the other producers are still using 8 to 6-1/2mm material feed sizes, while one is still using a material feed bead size in excess of 12mm.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                X