X

new tires...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new tires...

i've been getting a lot of "get rid of the stock tires" comments....i guess they've gotten to me and now thinking of getting new tires....metz Z6??
    are the stock tires that bad??

what size should i get for the front and back??

Comment

Tires are good . You should definately get you some of those .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

OEM sizes of 150/70ZR17 Rear and 120/70ZR17 front.

Check out this thread on my Conti Force tires. Each has their own preference of tires, but me, I'm sticking with Conti! The stock tires are horrible compared to most aftermarket tires. I did not really believe all the hype until I upgraded myself. What I noticed most right away was how well they gripped on curves and how well they did in the rain.
        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
        JOHN 16:33

Comment

I think that KatSoldier is taking of this tread

If I’m wrong Soldier – the beers is on me when you come around for the ride

My favorite is the Bridgestone Battlax bt 021 in the above dimensions for your bike (the one I just got for my pre) or the Michelin Pilot Road - They are both dual compound tires. I just read a big Danish tire test where the Michelin tire was declared the best (over the metz)
          If you got the time, I would read some tire test, to find the tire that’s suite your riding style and skill the best…
          Greetings from the Land of milk and Honey – well yes... and Lego...

------------------------
          95 Katana 600
          05 BETA 270 rev3

Comment

Originally posted by Tjums
            I think that KatSoldier is taking of this tread

If I’m wrong Soldier – the beers is on me when you come around for the ride
            Thanks! I forgot to attach the link.
            "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
            JOHN 16:33

Comment

Buy the ContiForce. They are amazing. I used 120/70 in the front and 160/60 in back. Smoothest ride I have ever had.
              00 Katana 750

Comment

IMHO, Z6. But then again, I've posted that just about everywhere around KR (more over, notice everyone who listened swears they are superb as well?).

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

im getting the Z6's over the weekend...i've heard pretty good things about the diablo as well, but i'll take your word for it, being in florida as well, you know how crazy the weather is here, it can be sunny in the morning and before you know it you are getting rained on...i need something that handles well in the rain....i've only been caught in the rain once, and im glad i was 5 min away from home...
                  carlos

Comment

Originally posted by katana28
                    im getting the Z6's over the weekend...i've heard pretty good things about the diablo as well, but i'll take your word for it, being in florida as well, you know how crazy the weather is here, it can be sunny in the morning and before you know it you are getting rained on...i need something that handles well in the rain....i've only been caught in the rain once, and im glad i was 5 min away from home...
                    carlos
                    If you are worried about rain in Florida, I live here in Seattle, much more rain than Florida. The ContiForce cuts right through it and gives amazing grip. The Z6 is a great tire too so I'm sure you can't go wrong with either. What it boils down to is personal preference.
                    00 Katana 750

Comment

Originally posted by WazzuKirk
                      If you are worried about rain in Florida, I live here in Seattle, much more rain than Florida.

Wazzu, from what I understand Seattle gets a lot of "light to medium" rain that much of the day, esp. in the winter (Dec/Jan), and according to the nat'l weather service, Seattle gets about 36 inches of rain a year, with 5.5 - 6" average for January being the most.

By comparison, most of Florida gets 50 to 60 inches per year (90 inches in some places in some years), most of it coming down in very short order during monsoon-like rain storms in the summer that typically last under an hour. It's not unusual to see fall rates of 4 to 6 inches of rain per hour during the peak of one of these outbreaks, and I have seen 12 inches an hour here (granted, that was an unusual thunderstorm), and that's discounting any hurricane-related rain. The need to be able to cut through water while moving is simply a different magnitude here than it is anywhere in the USA outside of some of the other Gulf-coast states.

Anyway, back to the point:
                      Seattle at 36" per year does not get "more rain" than Florida -- it simply has rain falling more hours per year And I feel for ya!

PS - this is an example of a bad rain here in Tampa and here's an example of driving in it

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Z6's or Conti road attacks, I've used both and you can't go wrong with either one.
                        R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                          If you are worried about rain in Florida, I live here in Seattle, much more rain than Florida.

Wazzu, from what I understand Seattle gets a lot of "light to medium" rain that much of the day, esp. in the winter (Dec/Jan), and according to the nat'l weather service, Seattle gets about 36 inches of rain a year, with 5.5 - 6" average for January being the most.

By comparison, most of Florida gets 50 to 60 inches per year (90 inches in some places in some years), most of it coming down in very short order during monsoon-like rain storms in the summer that typically last under an hour. It's not unusual to see fall rates of 4 to 6 inches of rain per hour during the peak of one of these outbreaks, and I have seen 12 inches an hour here (granted, that was an unusual thunderstorm), and that's discounting any hurricane-related rain. The need to be able to cut through water while moving is simply a different magnitude here than it is anywhere in the USA outside of some of the other Gulf-coast states.

Seattle at 36" per year does not get "more rain" than Florida -- it simply has rain falling more hours per year And I feel for ya!

PS - this is an example of a bad rain here in Tampa and here's an example of driving in it

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet

i couldnt have said it better....

Comment

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Ok, good points, forget my comment But I do have to say that it's grayer here most of the year
                            00 Katana 750

Comment

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Ok, good points, forget my comment But I do have to say that it's grayer here most of the year
                              Try living/riding in UK
                              Riding 2002 GSX600F for 2 years. UK rider.

Comment

Working...
                              X