X

breaking the bead

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by md86
    Now THAT'S more like it . A little pricey still , but looks like a good soloution . Provide it'll fit over the tire , anyway . My big-a$$ 5" c-clamp JUST fit over the tire with some wiggling .
    The AZ Motorsports write up said fits up to 160 sized touring tires, so I would expect it to fit a 150 sized sport-touring tire... but I can't tell for sure until I try or someone else reports back.
    Here's the manufacturer's site -- maybe they can answer the question (maximum spread) via email?

Their write up says:
    Whether you are faced with making a repair or just changing tires, this is the tool. On-road and off-road motorcycle tire beads can be easily separated from their wheel with this sturdy cast iron alloy device. As you torque the spreader assembly with a wrench, the two hinged jaws apply even pressure to the tire bead, releasing the tire from the wheel. The Tire Bead Breaker can be disassembled for easier portability. For use on tube or tubeless tires size 160 and smaller, (will not fit most street/sport rear tires). Weighs 5 1/2 lbs.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Cool , I'll have to remember that and pic one up sometime before I have to change tires again .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Another version of 'three sticks and a lever:'

...getting warm?

Comment

Originally posted by sven
          Another version of 'three sticks and a lever:'

...getting warm?
          I Like that one .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
          X