X

Tire Info

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Info

I have a 2002 750 with stock dunlops. looking to upgrade to a new set, its a toss up between road attacks and z6s. As much info and experiences as possible would be apperciated. thanks a million

I've only used the Z6's and I've had it over far enough in the corners to scrape my lower fairing and other things. And I can jump on the throttle in the rain and not break it loose. I'd have to say I've pushed my kat to it's limits in just about every way with these, so I find no reason to even try anything else. Just stick with what works.
    ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

``·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´

Comment

I honestly believe the best tire for the 98+ Kats are the Metzeler Z6's in the OEM sizes (120/70ZR17 front, 150/70ZR17 rear). Way back in the olden days (when KR was still KP), I bought a half dozen pairs of tires at once and compared them new-vs-new, and the Metzelers won hands-down. I can drag a knee, ride through a hurricane, and cover around 12k miles on a set of Z6's before the rear is ready for replacement with 1mm groove depth left (the front is about half way there at that point).

The road attacks will probably be 8% grippier when you are canted over with your shoulder about 18" off the ground, but they'll only last you 3500 - 5k miles. So unless you tend to really rail around canyon roads, IMHO, go for the Z6's.

PS - the Z6's should be run a bit high on pressure, higher than the OEM dunlops. Suzuki says 33 psi front, 36 psi rear for the Dunlops; Metzeler says to run 36 front and 38.5 rear as minimums with the Z6's on the Kat.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Cyber wrote
        The road attacks will probably be 8% grippier when you are canted over with your shoulder about 18" off the ground, but they'll only last you 3500 - 5k miles. So unless you tend to really rail around canyon roads, IMHO, go for the Z6's.
        I have 16,000kms or 10,000miles on my Road attacks and they are in no way finished, I'll probably get 1/2 way through the summer with them. So 20,000kms + for a set of Road attacks is right up there with the Z6's.
        R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by katman05
          I have 16,000kms or 10,000miles on my Road attacks and they are in no way finished, I'll probably get 1/2 way through the summer with them. So 20,000kms + for a set of Road attacks is right up there with the Z6's.
          Actually, it is... I'm rather amazed to hear that! My sleep-addled brain must be confusing them with something else...

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
          X