X

Finally upgraded tires...OMG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by james71
    what size Z6's did you get for your 2006 750?
    120/70/17 Front
    150/70/17 - or- 160/60/17 Rear

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Hi, besides the size, what type of Z6 did you get? (RDTEC, RT,RTEC)
      Thank you

Comment

I bought the RDTEC's and they are absolutely incredible. cant believe it is even the same bike. It honestly has made a world of difference not only in the safety and handling of the bike but in my confidence while riding. Having tons more fun now than i was before with my tired dunlop's.

Comment

I just switched my front Michelin for the Z6. Now I can't wait for my back tire to wear out. I really is like getting a new bike.

Comment

Whoops...didn't notice people were still posting on this thread

The questions have already been answered, though...as far as size and what not.

Yeah the traction is excellent and the rain grip has felt absolutely solid. I've been out in many storms since I had the tires put on and not once have I felt any slipping. Top-notch tires.
            "When a man is faced with his own death, the impossible seems less of a barrier."

Comment

I'm really undecided about what to put on my Kat this year. My choices are between the Z6 which you guys seem to rate, the Bridgestone BT020 or Michelin's Pilot Road 2.

The Z6's seem a lot cheaper than the other 2 (around $80 per pair in your money ) so there must be a trade-off somewhere. Anyone got experience with the 020's or Pilot Road's?

The other consideration - whether to up-size the rear to 160/60? Hmm, choices, choices...
              Inforad - one in the eye for the Gatso Brigade!

Comment

I have Shinko 160/60 ZR17 on my 93 Kat

Comment

OMG 246STUNNA is a Ballchinnian!
                  THE DOC
                  RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                  Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                  mistake when you make it again.
                  sigpic

Comment

I ordered Z6's yesterday and I should have them on the bike this weekend. If all goes well, the Mrs. won't see me for a few hours .

Comment

Working...
                    X