X

Finally upgraded tires...OMG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally upgraded tires...OMG

So I did finally get the new tires installed (Metzeler Z6's, of course)...

Wow...I had NO idea that the difference would be so profound. It's like riding the bike is now a beautiful art instead of a risky struggle in the corners

Seriously. Wow. And to think I waited until I had 2000+ miles on the Dunlops before switching out. The grip feels so completely stable and sure that my confidence recieved a much-needed boost (riding on those Dunlops is pretty frightening)

I'll never touch those Dunlops (or any other stock tires) ever again.

One thing I'm not thrilled with is the center groove in the front tire (as CP has mentioned too...) but that doesn't even matter compared to the overall benefits!
    Attached Files
    "When a man is faced with his own death, the impossible seems less of a barrier."

you'll appreciate that groove when the rain starts falling.

Did you get 150 or 160

Comment

I recived mine by mail a week ago... going to put it on this weekend and I let everyone know how it rides...
      Candy causes Cavities!

Comment

will have mine on tomorow, I cant wait to feel the differnce!

Comment

i road 100 miles in the pouring rain 80 mph with some standing rain in spots and never an issue with the z6s. confidence is great and only at a price tag of ~$210.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Originally posted by futuredentistdmd
            I recived mine by mail a week ago... going to put it on this weekend and I let everyone know how it rides...
            Dude, that avatar is disturbing!!
            R.I.P. Marc

Comment

Originally posted by goldkat
              Originally posted by futuredentistdmd
              Dude, that avatar is disturbing!!
              i couldnt agree more...

Comment

rotfl!!!! that avi is disturbing... *scratches my chin*
                * I bet you never knew openning up a can of tuna on your ass would sound so serious till you met me...*

Comment

Originally posted by 246STUNNA
                  *scratches my chin*
                  Chin..!!! From the looks of ur avatar, it ain't the chin u'd be scratchin
                  Where'd u get that anyway ?
                  Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
                  - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by hellcamp
                    Originally posted by 246STUNNA
                    *scratches my chin*
                    Chin..!!! From the looks of ur avatar, it ain't the chin u'd be scratchin
                    Where'd u get that anyway ?
                    born that way.. imagine what my breath smells like?
                    * I bet you never knew openning up a can of tuna on your ass would sound so serious till you met me...*

Comment

z6's are awesome

Comment

Originally posted by mrmadman
                        z6's are awesome
                        how awsome? do you canyon/track ride? what size you running?

Comment

Haha thats funny !
                          sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

I just bought the Z6's last week. at the shop getting put on now along with a whole bunch of other work. After hearing all these good things, i am just dying to get my bike back and see the difference from those dunlops i had on it!

Comment

what size Z6's did you get for your 2006 750?
                              Think I'll start a thread asking "What's the biggest tire you can put on a Kat?"

Comment

Working...
                              X