Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Curious: anyone go through a set of Qualifiers yet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curious: anyone go through a set of Qualifiers yet?

I'm curious as to the type of mileage you got out of a set of qualifiers. Obviously only someone who has already gone all the way through a set would be fit to answer that question... No, I'm not interested in running the tire (at least at this time) -- I'm just interested in the answer.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

I am not going to be the best candidate, but I currently have a set on the Bandit, and the rear is toast in under 1000 miles. Typical Dunlop cold tire characteristics (In other words, make sure they are WARM!) but after that they stick well. This is more of a track tire than street and I would NOT recommend them for street use.

My neighbor has a set on his Buell as well and the rear is toast in under 2K miles.
    Ron
    MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Crap! I was hoping for more wear than that.
      I loved the 208's. Took a while to warm up but were fantastic after that. Not the longest lasting tire but better than what you said, Ron. Can't stand the Bridgestones I have on now.
      sigpic

Comment

Bah! 208's......... I hated them. On a chilly night at the track, no size burnout would get them warm enough to stick.
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Thanks for the answer Ron...

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I HATE the 208's myself. Only way I will ever run them is if they are given to me. Matter of fact, I am not a fan of Dunlops in general, but for what I can get the Qualifiers for, I had to at least give them a shot. Not bad track tires at all, but like I said, not long for the street IMHO.

You should try a set of Diablo Stradas Tom. Even on the Busa I think you would be VERY pleasantly suprised. Those are the best tires for everything I have ever used and I even had them on the SV for a full weekend at the track. Never once did they even hint at slipping and the wear is fantastic.
            Ron
            MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

I ditto the "I don't like the 205/208's" and "am not a fan of Dunlops on sport-bikes/sport-touring bikes in general" comment.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, Ron. I gotta try something. The stock Bridgestones are horrible! I have no comfort level with them at all. I thought since they were stock Busa I'd get good wear out of them (and they are wearing well) but it's not worth it if I can't get comfortable.

GixerKat swears by the PilotPowers but I put nearly 2500 miles a month on the bike. I'd eat through those things like a starving man in Hometown Buffet.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meanstrk
                  You should try a set of Diablo Stradas
                  That's all I need to hear . I have them now , and have had them for for my last couple of changes , but I WAS thinking about trying something else ( Sportecs maybe ) . Guess I'll stick with the Stradas .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Actually, Matt, I'd love to see you try the Z6's and see if you can tell ANY difference what-so-ever. I've always wanted to run the two side-by-side for a comparo.

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Buy me a set .
                      I probably wouldn't really notice a difference anyway . I don't have all that great of a "feel" when it comes to that . All I know is I liked the Sport Demons better than the AV45/46's , which I felt slip a few times (but I was still pretty new then ) , and I liked the Stradas better than the Demons , but that was liely because the Demons were DONE . I don't think I felt any more confident on the Starads than the Demons , though . Hence why I say I may lack the "feel" ...
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

GixerKat swears by the PilotPowers but I put nearly 2500 miles a month on the bike.
                        The Pilot Powers are wonderful tires and stick like glue with minimal warm up required, but they don't last for shit. I ran two rears on my aprilia and did not get 2K out of either one. 1400 out of one and 1700 out of the other. I got close to 4K out of my last Strada rear.

Strada/Z6.......... No difference. Same rubber, different name and tread design.
                        Ron
                        MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

I have the powers on my bike and will not being going back with them. I am going back to my Metzlers. The powers are good but they do not last that long and I really have never felt comfortable with them. To me they do not stay as warm as the Metzlers.
                          www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by meanstrk
                            Strada/Z6.......... No difference. Same rubber, different name and tread design.
                            Almost, but not quite. The Z6 has more grooves (5 for each 4 on the Stradas), the interiors have differences (which I found odd), and I suspect the center of the carcass is actually a bit thicker on the Z6. It's splitting hairs, but I'm curious if I can feel that difference.

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Interesting. Wonder what the weight difference is? That is what you will feel most likely.
                              Ron
                              MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Working...
                              X