Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pireli Diablos for $159 a set

at Cycle Gear for one day only.
    this saturday the 28th.
    the price is for a 120 front and 180 or 190 rear, but I spoke to them and a 160 rear is in stock and they were willing to substitute.

Great! Wonder if that applies to all cycle gears, or only ones in your state/area?

Good on you for getting the word out.

TIP:
    For those getting ready or in the process of winterizing their bikes, if you buy these tires, don't mount them until spring -- store them on their sides atop cardboard instead (even better, wrap with craft paper and seal in a plastic bag, then store on their sides atop flat cardboard). Laying them flat will keep them from getting lopsided, storing them in a sealed bag will keep them from losing VOC's, and the craftpaper will keep any VOC-acceleration from happening due to the materials the plastic bag is made of. Alternatively, you can use cardboard inside the bag instead of craft paper, but make sure the sides touching the tires is raw cardboard (unprinted).

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

RonAyers is running a tire deal right now too I think. I got an email the other day about it.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

wow the online sale has sold out already, i might swing by the store and see if i can get a pair.
        03 katanika

Comment

Originally posted by iwannadie
          wow the online sale has sold out already, i might swing by the store and see if i can get a pair.
          Store policy for CycleGear is to normally honor sales prices with a rain check if they are sold out (but you must deposit 100% at that time).

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by steves
            RonAyers is running a tire deal right now too I think. I got an email the other day about it.
            Yes they are! Cyber posted about that and I ordered my set of Metz and just got them today....Sweet looking tires and thanks for the info on tire storage CP, I will do that this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
              Originally posted by iwannadie
              Store policy for CycleGear is to normally honor sales prices with a rain check if they are sold out (but you must deposit 100% at that time).

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              they should do that online as well to save me from going over there! raincheck is fine with me though, as i have brand new diablos on my kat ha. i just cant resist a good sale dammit.
              03 katanika

Comment

picked up my set of 120/160 pirellis for $149!!!!!

score!

Comment

Got the 120/160 as well, mounted and balanced this past weekend.

100 mi roundtrip to break em in. hwy 42 between 19 and 441 south border of Ocala Nat'l Forest. Nice elevation changes(for florida) and some curves!

The tires are sticky even in sub 60 temps. Don't think they will last very long with the excessive weight (me and the kat!).
                  Attached Files

Comment

I got a set, way back when, thinking they were Diablo III's. Don't want so soft a tire, so they are for sale, for what I paid. Or trade of more sport-touring tires. We can figure something out if you are not in Atlanta area.
                    "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Working...
                    X