X

2000 Kat wheels

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Kat wheels

Ok, tried the search function and really didn't find what I need to know. What wheels other than stock Kat will fit on this beast? You wouldn't believe the trouble I'm having tracking down a front wheel in Ontario.

TIA,
    Dave
    2000 Katana 600
    2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Somebody throw me a bone !!!!
    I've called a dozen salvage yards and, no go on a front wheel. I did find a place in Michigan that can fix the one I have, but figured I should be able to track one down cheaper.
    2000 Katana 600
    2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

The 2000 kats use the recessed rotor carriers if I'm not mistaken. Now, I'm not 100% on this (you might want to browse through some older pictures on the net), but I think that the earlier models of SV650 used the same wheels.

Kats and SV's share the same wheels, but in the 2003 revisions for the Kat, they recieved the FLAT rotors which are used on the newer SV's. The dealio there is that the fork width changed slightly from 2002-2003, along with a couple other things like the taillight (bumblebee vs. Hayabusa style)

That's all I know though....sorry I couldn't be of more help....Might just wanna ask around about Kat/Bandit/SV compatibilty. The wheels might be the same, but I can't say if the spacing, cush drive, etc. are gonna work.....

If you don't plan on riding this year, then I can always sell you the wheels of my '03 during the winter......
      FrankenKat 1216
      GS Fiter 816
      GSXR750! (race)

Comment

The easy way to find out:
        visit RonAyers.com, look up the part number for your actual year/make wheel, then pump it back into the box on the left of the main page that says "What bike does this part fit?"
        It will list all the bikes with the same wheel.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Yea, I was kinda doing that in a round about different way. What I did find out, is that the axle, spacers bearing etc are the same. The pre 98 wheel is 3" wide and the 98+ is 3.5" wide. I wasn't keen having two different wheels styles, but I just want to get riding before winter is here (newb to street bikes), then I can make it really pretty over the winter.
          Thanx for the responses guys.
          2000 Katana 600
          2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Working...
          X