X

Still need tire help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still need tire help

I have read a lot of info on tiers,and am really confussed. I hear evey one talk abot metzler Z-6s. I wanted them but , when I called about them they said they didn't have the right size front for my 95 kat. One place recomended the Avon av 45 front and av 46 rear. R these a good tire. Or is there another size I can use on the front for the Z-6's? all I now is I need new tires the ones I have now don't even match.(battlax bt 45 on front, metzler metronic on rear) plez help!!!!!!
    luv my 95 katana

go find soem power pilots they make them in a 110 70 17 frotn for your kat and a 150 somethign 17 for the rear theyll stick like glue and youll be happy

Comment

thanx, hows the wear? I ride close to 1ooo mile a month.
      luv my 95 katana

Comment

Sticker on bike say 110/80/17 front 150/70/17 rear?
        luv my 95 katana

Comment

ok they make them in a size really close to that i think the rear is the one thats a lil diffent i think deedub got 3500 miles out of his i get about 3500 out of a set also and i run them at lower then normal pressure for extra grip on the slick vegas streets.

Comment

I dont get quite the ride time all you central and west coast people do but if I dont get atleast 5,000 miles out of them I'll be and

Comment

PRE-98 KAT:

In the Metzeler Z6's, run 120/70ZR17 front, 150/70ZR17 rear. Easily available sizes and you should get over 10k miles from a set.

General rules:
              you can safely push any stock tire size up one size in width if you reduce one size in height (i.e. - you can go from a 110/80 to a 120/70), compared to what the OEM tire size was.
              The change in sidewall height is compensated for mostly by the change in width, leaving you with only a minor difference in actual tire height (110mm x 80% = 88mm sidewall height; 120mm x 70% = 84mm sidewall height).
              For more info, see this thread:

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

thanx guys that answered my question. I think I have a bad front tire. I get A slight woble in turns, nothing major but I don't want it to get worse. I checked the bearings everything good there.
                luv my 95 katana

Comment

Working...
                X