tires

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arsenic13
    more than likely I'll order them from discount motorcycle tires
    there are alot of good places that are not in partner trouble (i like ron ayers)

Comment

I was not aware that DMTAONLINE was having problems. I checked out a lot of sites while I was researching tires. all of them were pretty mush the same price wise. I did check ron ayers, parts 411, kneedraggers, that might be about it. anyway they were all about the same so anyone of those sites should work right?

Comment

yep. Ron Ayers gets good reviews here. Don't forget the shipping costs per tire. They vary wildly.

The only prob, I had was finding a shop to mount them. Cost me $25/tire.
        AMA member # 224227

Comment

I'm an auto machanic and the tire machine at my shop can mount motorcycle tires as whell, the wheel balencer at my shop also works with motorcycle rims so that is not a problem for me. I've already mounted a few motorcyce tires successfully so I'm good to go with that.

Comment

That rocks!
            AMA member # 224227

Comment

I looked up the metzlers Z6's on all the sites I know DMTAONLINE, parts 411, and ron ayers, ron ayers is the best. DMTA is 212.00 for a set of 120/60 - 150/70, parts 411 is 216.63, and ron ayers is 207.41(only $6 a tire for shipping!) I'm glad you guys told me not to ordr form DMTA

Comment

michelin pilot sports are the go.. 160 rear size.. they suit the kat very well, have a quick turn in and stick like sh!t to a blanket when hot. and have exceptional wear ive found... 4000 km on the tyres so far.. 3000 hard mountian riding. and im about 50% thru them (not to mention the numerous burnouts haha!)

cheers.joe.

Comment

I looked into the pilots. First off I'm not sure I want to go as wide as the 160/60, thats may just be a bit too wide for my likeing. Second I'm from Chicago and we get a lot of wet weather. The metzer's seem to be the best as far as wet traction.

Comment

The only one I know who runs 160/60 17s on his Pre-98 is Highsite2020. He uses that the Pilots I believe, and hasn't had any probs. Most will not recommend it though, due to the narow rim. The 98+ rims are 1/2 " wider in the rear.
                    AMA member # 224227

Comment

Re: tires

Originally posted by arsenic13
                      Ok, I know there have been a lot of posts about tires. I have a pre 98 katana 600 and I've narrowed my tire selection down to either Metzler Z6 front - 120/60 & rear - 150/70, or Bridgestone BT020 front - 120/60 & rear - 150/70. What do you guys think?
                      Of those two?

HANDS DOWN, METZLER!

Only other tires in their category would be a Michelin Pilot Sport or an SporTec M1
                      I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
                      Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
                      Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I'm on the Metzeler bandwagon. I haven't tried the Z6's yet, because they shipped about a week after I shod my last set of Z4's (my third set at that -- 28k miles). Next set of tires, I'll grab both the Z4's and the Z6's and compare them back-to-back, new vs. new, and sell the pair I'm not as happy with on eBay, just as I did with all the other tires I comparo'd back in 2003 (Macadam 90x, Dunlop 205/207, Pirelli, Metzeler Z4's).

Cheers
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                        X