X

Kagizume front discs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kagizume front discs.

Has anyone come across discs by this manufacturer before? even better if someone has used them and can give a opinion. I've googled them but all the feed back i've found is a few years old now, reason i ask is my bobbins are pretty siezed up and i may have to consider replacements.

Ya know.. the price makes it tempting doesn't?

I look at it this way, how much are you willing to spend to NOT have to worry about the quality of an unknown brake part that you will trust your life to?

if it were for the rear.. I might consider it.. for the front?.. not on MY life.
    http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
    http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
    '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
    "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
    "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Never heard of that make before, but they look like Galfer.
      Pics
      Pics
      No pics yet
      Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by GSXFJim View Post
        Ya know.. the price makes it tempting doesn't?....
        Those aren't exactly bargain basement. Exchange rates put them at about $253 for the pair. That's about half the price of stock rotors, $30 less than EBC rotors, $40 less than EBC XC-Series Contour Rotors and about the same price as Galfers from Bike Bandit.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
          Those aren't exactly bargain basement. Exchange rates put them at about $253 for the pair. That's about half the price of stock rotors, $30 less than EBC rotors, $40 less than EBC XC-Series Contour Rotors and about the same price as Galfers from Bike Bandit.
          Ok.. still unknown quality rotors for about the same price as known quality rotors..
          http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
          http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
          '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
          "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
          "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Well at least they aren't from korea....
            Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
            Tony
            94 Katana 600

Comment

Those are Chinese Galfer knock offs, you wanna buy knock off brake rotors for the same price as the real thing?
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

The Chinese knock offs are SUPER cheap compared to the real thing. I doubt Chinese knock offs would be the same price. I've never heard of that brand though.

Comment

They look exactly 100% like Galfer rotors...
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Just Google them. Some discussions on other forums re KAGIZUME. A few positive comments but mostly quite negative. No catastrophic failures but premature warping. Probably worth avoiding.

Comment

Not 100%, I'd say more like 95%.

Comment

"Anyway - what I was saying (before everything disappeared) was I had to return two sets of cheap Kagizume brake discs after both failed within several miles of fitting on a previous bike. They started off poor, then went downhill from there - they had intermittent grip under braking at low speeds, and were basically appalling.

In the end I bought a full set of EBC floating discs, and stumped up the few extra £££ for superb braking and low speed control.

Ever since that experience with the Kagizumes, I will not take take any chances with cheap/budget brake discs (or pads), especially with something as big and fast as the BB. Just not worth it in my opinion - you never know what these cheap discs are made of - mine were certainly rubbish. " - CBR77 ( http://www.cbrxx.com/general-cbr-xx-...tors-ebay.html )
                        1992- project katfighter
                        2005- GSXR750
                        2001- TL1000R
                        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

www.madhornets.com has Arashi front rotors for $189 US per set with free shipping. Google Arashi rotors and you will find that whoever actually bought them has been very happy with them. Mine came yesterday but due to work cannot put them on my VFR till the weekend. After 30,000 miles I have to replace mine due to sticking caliper pistons.

The people in the hayabusa forum said that its important to install the rotors out of sync, use new sintered pads, or you can lap your old ones if they are sintered.

Comment

Working...
                          X