X

lose rotors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lose rotors

The rivets on my front rotor are loose what can I do to fix it? Do I have to buy new ones?
    1992 kat 600 Mods, mesh sides dual head lights custom mounted gauges, racing chain, integrated tail light, custom mounted license plate mount. :bunny2

Originally posted by GSX-600F View Post
    The rivets on my front rotor are loose what can I do to fix it? Do I have to buy new ones?

How loose? They are suposed to have some play in them as they are "floating" rotors.

Theoretically you can retighten the rivits the same way rivits are installed. Repetatively doing that is not good as it will fatigue the metal in the rivits, but a one time thing isn't going to be a serious issue.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

if you grab the rotor you kinda pull on it you can feel em move due to the lose rivets
      1992 kat 600 Mods, mesh sides dual head lights custom mounted gauges, racing chain, integrated tail light, custom mounted license plate mount. :bunny2

Comment

if you grab the rotor you kinda pull on it you can feel em move due to the lose rivets

How far my a mm metric measurement do they move. Again, floating rotors can be moved by pulling/pushing on them as this is a normal way of how they function. It's whent hey move too much that is a problem.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

maybe barely 1/8th of a inch

Comment

That should be normal. Unless they are going clunk clunk clunk as you spin the wheel, then you are good, and as long as all the play is in and out, and not foward and backwards.
            Pics
            Pics
            No pics yet
            Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Where did you lose them?
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                Where did you lose them?
                lose what? lol

Comment

lose what? lol
                  lose/lo͞oz/
                  Verb:
                  Be deprived of or cease to have or retain (something): "I've lost my appetite".
                  Cause (someone) to fail to gain or retain (something): "you lost me my appointment at the university".

loose/lo͞os/
                  Adjective:
                  Not firmly or tightly fixed in place; detached or able to be detached: "a loose tooth".
                  Verb:
                  Set free; release: "the hounds have been loosed".
                  Pics
                  Pics
                  No pics yet
                  Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
                    lose/lo͞oz/
                    Verb:
                    Be deprived of or cease to have or retain (something): "I've lost my appetite".
                    Cause (someone) to fail to gain or retain (something): "you lost me my appointment at the university".

loose/lo͞os/
                    Adjective:
                    Not firmly or tightly fixed in place; detached or able to be detached: "a loose tooth".
                    Verb:
                    Set free; release: "the hounds have been loosed".
                    I'm aware of this but I don't think he does haha I didn't "lose" anything

Comment

I'm aware of this but I don't think he does haha I didn't "lose" anything
                      Thread title and:
                      Pics
                      Pics
                      No pics yet

Comment

He's refering to the title of your thread..
                        1992- project katfighter
                        2005- GSXR750
                        2001- TL1000R
                        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

ooh.. haha my bad>.<

UPDATE: If you grab the rotor you kinda pull on it you can feel em move due to the loose* rivets

=D

Comment

See post #2.

Comment

Working...
                            X