X

shock change help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shock change help

i am looking for a link or if some one knows if i have to remove the back tire to change the shock on a 1995 katana 600?

Didnt have to take off the wheel to swap my B12 shock in.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

I never have.
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

You don't have to, but it can make things easier.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

remove the rear left and right tail fairings ( this just makes it stupid easy if you do this, but if your lazy and want to work harder... I'm sure you can find a way around it).

Lift the bike so the rear wheel and swingarm are off the ground and have no pressure pushing up. I've used blocks under the engine, or if you have a center stand that works perfect.

Loosen the bolts holding the shock top and bottom by taking the nut off.

Lift on the swingarm a little to relieve the weight pressure, and pull the bolts out of the bottom of the shock.

Reach in and lift the shock, pull the top bolt out, pull the shock out now.

Reverse to instal.

For a new person but doing it with no major issues.... probably about 20-30 mins to get the shock out, maybe 15 to put it back in now you understand how/where stuff is.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I had no inner fender, and a different battery box, but this is how I did it......

1-Unbolt shock
            2-Lift tail of bike really, really high
            3-Pull out old shock
            4-Put in new shock
            5-Drop tail again and bolt it up
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
            X