X

Help!! It's too soft!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!! It's too soft!

I was told by my riding buddies that my springs are dangerously soft (they ride SS bikes). It does feel very soft and it sways and bounces alot in the twisties, and I don't feel confident in the corners. I weigh 225 lb (102kg). What should I do (besides losing 50 lb)...?
    It's a 2003 600.
    Thanks
    '03 600 Kat
    '00 Ninja 500R - *sold*

Originally posted by 4banger View Post
    I was told by my riding buddies that my springs are dangerously soft (they ride SS bikes). It does feel very soft and it sways and bounces alot in the twisties, and I don't feel confident in the corners. I weigh 225 lb (102kg). What should I do (besides losing 50 lb)...?
    It's a 2003 600.
    Thanks

Contact Tmod about rebuilding a post 750 shock for your bike.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

And also talk to him about getting proper fork springs for you weight from racetech.
      1992- project katfighter
      2005- GSXR750
      2001- TL1000R
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
      www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Is it just the back or the front too? You might have a blown rear shock, that's what mine does.

Comment

Thats how im feeling, I just put in an 07 r6 shock and for some reason im still bottoming out but the Po did weld an inch extension onto the links so im thinking that might be it
          Find a bike with a stock motor that has miles than mine and ill personally send you a certificate declaring your awesomness

Comment

I just did my front fork springs on my 06-600 and it made a major difference.

Comment

.... not the issue i thought you were having.... i will be of no help to you anymore.
              the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
              # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
              [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

Originally posted by kat_kitten View Post
                .... not the issue i thought you were having.... i will be of no help to you anymore.
                very nice kk
                1992- project katfighter
                2005- GSXR750
                2001- TL1000R
                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

HAHA just made my day
                  Find a bike with a stock motor that has miles than mine and ill personally send you a certificate declaring your awesomness

Comment

Originally posted by jcobb View Post
                    Thats how im feeling, I just put in an 07 r6 shock and for some reason im still bottoming out but the Po did weld an inch extension onto the links so im thinking that might be it

yeah, you might want to look into replacing those links. I don't know that I trust anybody's welding enough to let them weld my dogbones together.
                    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I was just in the same boat (as far as the shock is concerned ) anyways, search around on ebay. My rear shock was completely blown and bouncy as hell. I picked up an almost brand new post 750 setup for $50...it's like a brand new bike now. Turn in is way more predictable and the rear wheel feels much more planted.

03 600rr - SOLD
                      06 RVT RC51 - Totaled by a deer
                      99 Katana 600 - Daily Driver
                      03 SV650s - Newest addiction

Comment

Originally posted by kat_kitten View Post
                        I'm still OK in that department... but thanks!

Originally posted by manowar1313 View Post
                        Is it just the back or the front too? You might have a blown rear shock, that's what mine does.
                        It's the fork springs, actually. I don't know about the back, not sure how it's supposed to feel.
                        Last edited by 4banger; 05-12-2011, 04:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                        '03 600 Kat
                        '00 Ninja 500R - *sold*

Comment

Working...
                        X