X

Q: Fork Inner Tube ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q: Fork Inner Tube ?

The chrome "Inner tube"/ chrome slider piece has another piece at the bottom that the damper rod sits on.
    From what I've read this piece contains a rebound check valve. That inner piece inside the chrome tube also has a 2 holes. One hole is 180 degrees apart from the opposite hole on the other side.

My concern is:
    In one of my tubes that piece will spin freely in either direction without any resistance and does not stop at any point.
    But on the other tube that inner piece will only spin 180 degress and stops at the point where holes line up to the fork tubes holes.
    Is one messed up ?
    And when I reinstall the damper rod do I need to have that piece positioned in any specific way ?
    Edit: Whats that piece called ? Its not pictured on the parts microfiche.
    THANKS
    Last edited by katanarider; 03-15-2011, 10:24 AM.
    My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Originally posted by katanarider View Post
    The chrome "Inner tube"/ chrome slider piece has another piece at the bottom that the damper rod sits on.
    From what I've read this piece contains a rebound check valve. That inner piece inside the chrome tube also has a 2 holes. One hole is 180 degrees apart from the opposite hole on the other side.

My concern is:
    In one of my tubes that piece will spin freely in either direction without any resistance and does not stop at any point.
    But on the other tube that inner piece will only spin 180 degress and stops at the point where holes line up to the fork tubes holes.
    Is one messed up ?
    And when I reinstall the damper rod do I need to have that piece positioned in any specific way ?
    Edit: Whats that piece called ? Its not pictured on the parts microfiche.
    THANKS
    You are fine, There is no need for them to rotate at all. There is a empty chamber between the inner and outer so the oil fills up that area then transfers to the outer set of holes. You won't see it listed as it is part of the fork tube itself.

Tmod

Comment

Working...
    X