No announcement yet.
X

humming noise

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i loosened the chain and the noise went away.so thats a releif but i didnt really understand the instructions on one of the sites to make sure the rear tire is aligned properly

Comment

Do you have a rear stand or center stand, so the rear wheel can move freely while you working on it?

I haven't seen a good chain adjustment how-to... if I can't find a good one I'll get some pics and post my method
      95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
      Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
      ---
      I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

lol once again thanx if you can and no i do not have a center or rearstand.

Comment

I'll go get a pic and post a quick how-to.
          Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
          ---

Comment

This is quick but I measure from the center of the axle(they aren't equal in size on both sides so you have to go from the center, 1" mark) to the end of the swingarm(not tensioner but the tube steel swing arm, 3" mark).

There is a little bit of eyeballing but this should get you really close. The trick is to look as straight on as possible to get an accurate measurement. I always use the 1" mark because the end of the tape moves. If you can get both sides the same you can tighten without losing alignment by moving both sides equally. I do half turns if its way loose then go to quarter turns of the tightener nuts.

The notches are way off on our bikes because the piece with the arrow pointing at the notch moves...
            Attached Files
            Last edited by niqbales; 01-07-2011, 11:59 PM.
            ---

Comment

Working...
            X