X

smooth ride

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smooth ride

i was wondering what i could do suspension wise to make my 95 kat 600 role smoother and easier.it doesnt role as smooth now and i think i have to rebuild the fron forks.also i was wondering what all i would have to do to swap to a gsxr front end suspension wise any help is greatly appreciated thanx

I would suggest swapping out the rear shock and replacing the front springs with racetech springs an cartridge emulators.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by flipflopkat View Post
      i was wondering what i could do suspension wise to make my 95 kat 600 role smoother and easier.it doesnt role as smooth now and i think i have to rebuild the fron forks.also i was wondering what all i would have to do to swap to a gsxr front end suspension wise any help is greatly appreciated thanx
      How much do you weigh? The stock Kats are very soft in regards to the suspension.

Unless someone changed something inside the forks it should be smooth.

Does it pogo when you are going down the road?

Tmod

Comment

i weight 154 pounds not that heavy at all.but it feels like the forks have no rebound and i feel every little bump.and it does have a small hard bounce while i ride every little imperfection in the road i feel it.it does kinda pogo up and down

Comment

I wouldn't go any softer than they come. Rebuild with fresh seals and oil up front, and maybe hunt down a late-model shock for the rear to get your damping back.
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
          X