Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

everyone who wants to stretch their kat... i acutally found a bolt on kit!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
    Yeah, Lets not get into that...
    I will not stand by while someone hates another's idea of style..
    exactly.... honestly how many ppl out there are going to drag a kat?? i mean, i know ppl do, and i have done it myself... but how many actually build a kat into a straight drag rat...

honestly everyone's bike is an expression of themselves. everyone has different taste, and has a different idea of how they want their bike to look... the only people who deserve to be bashed on are those who think they "need" and extended swinger for the massive 60 some hp their kat puts out

RIP joe iwanski ... ALWAYS MISSED, NEVER FORGOTTEN!!

RIP MARC...PEGS ARE ETERNALLY DOWN FOR YOU BROTHER
    "for those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

my build threads
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103472
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105768

Comment

Originally posted by airforceranger49 View Post
      exactly.... honestly how many ppl out there are going to drag a kat?? i mean, i know ppl do, and i have done it myself... but how many actually build a kat into a straight drag rat...

honestly everyone's bike is an expression of themselves. everyone has different taste, and has a different idea of how they want their bike to look... the only people who deserve to be bashed on are those who think they "need" and extended swinger for the massive 60 some hp their kat puts out
      sigpicwww.violationmotorcyclegear.com
      www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

I think he chose carriage bolts so you wouldn't have regular bolt heads sticking out of the swing arm. Since it's mainly a mod for appearance, this seem appropriate.

If someone's going to look at one in person, my main concern would be how tight the extensions fit into the ends of the swing arm. IMO, that's really key because if it doesn't fit snug, it's going to stretch out the openings on the ends of the swing arm. Unless it was real bad I don't think it would cause a failure, but it could ruin the ends of the stock swing arm.

Comment

Kreylyn does have a good point...But for the price I could make a fixed length swingarm lots cheaper!!! AND it be all one solid finish not part paint, part chrome

Speaking of...I just made a 10" over swing with round roll bar tubing...It's in raw finish but I'm going to spray it black and sell it. I will accept any reasonable offers!!
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by paul.miner View Post
            I think he chose carriage bolts so you wouldn't have regular bolt heads sticking out of the swing arm. Since it's mainly a mod for appearance, this seem appropriate.

If someone's going to look at one in person, my main concern would be how tight the extensions fit into the ends of the swing arm. IMO, that's really key because if it doesn't fit snug, it's going to stretch out the openings on the ends of the swing arm. Unless it was real bad I don't think it would cause a failure, but it could ruin the ends of the stock swing arm.
            Since the endo for the extention is solid (not hollow) and fits snugly in side of the tube (passed the adjustment hole) and is not plated or painted there is no damage to you exsesting swing arm. There are no relying on welds. Now I know that if welded propery it will last, but if not the splat. Im glad that someone remeber that eveyone whom goes out to mod any bike, weather sport or cruiser mods it reflect what they want. Im a big dude the last thing I want is a tiny looking bike under me.
            Big Sketch

Comment

Originally posted by stretched600 View Post
              Kreylyn does have a good point...But for the price I could make a fixed length swingarm lots cheaper!!! AND it be all one solid finish not part paint, part chrome

Speaking of...I just made a 10" over swing with round roll bar tubing...It's in raw finish but I'm going to spray it black and sell it. I will accept any reasonable offers!!

pm sent

"for those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

my build threads

Comment

Put the chain on yesterday and put about 20 miles on the new extentions. They work just fine. This summer will be painting the swing arm and extentions black along with the front forks. The bike will be getting the special treatment also.
                Big Sketch

Comment

Just an update...

I checked further, and right now it would not be reasonable priced for my machinist to do them. He does not use a CNC machine (which would make quick work of doing these) so laying everything out by hand takes too much time. He can make them, just... the price would be up there for the level of detail.

I think I'll stick to doing steel welded extensions unless I work out a re-sell option for inserts with someone at some point.

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                    Just an update...

I checked further, and right now it would not be reasonable priced for my machinist to do them. He does not use a CNC machine (which would make quick work of doing these) so laying everything out by hand takes too much time. He can make them, just... the price would be up there for the level of detail.

I think I'll stick to doing steel welded extensions unless I work out a re-sell option for inserts with someone at some point.

Krey
                    ok krey i will try mine now!
                    sigpicwww.violationmotorcyclegear.com
                    www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                      Lol, I wouldn't buy anything from an ebay auction that uses the phrase "pimp your ride"

i buy things just because they do say that

Comment

Not sure if I like the thought of a bolt on!

Comment

Originally posted by nealy212 View Post
                          ok krey i will try mine now!
                          like i said bro, let me know how they work out for ya

my build threads

Comment

Ok guys, yes I'm new to the forum, hi. Now, I have these extensions on my bike, 96 750 kat. Now pics will be coming soon on a new thread but I will say that so far with the motor work I've done to my bike and the riding I do including 1/4 mile I've had no problem of any kind using this system. Now the only reason I have no picture proof is I'm posting very soon a whole thread on my build. Including 860 bore kit, balanced crank, flatslide carbs dished pistons titanium rings and valves and custom oil cooler. Modded fairings, EXTENDED SWINGARM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! kit, and busa front end. And I'm also running a busa rear wheel on the extensions. When paint and powder coating is done I'll be posting all the pics I got showing the before project pics and final assembly. But if it helps the ongoing debate here, yes they function, no the aren't weak and yes I do ride the bike pretty hard including 1/4 mile prior to tear down and yes I recommend them if you want to extend your bikes arm.

Comment

Originally posted by davidthestud09 View Post
                              Ok guys, yes I'm new to the forum, hi. Now, I have these extensions on my bike, 96 750 kat. Now pics will be coming soon on a new thread but I will say that so far with the motor work I've done to my bike and the riding I do including 1/4 mile I've had no problem of any kind using this system. Now the only reason I have no picture proof is I'm posting very soon a whole thread on my build. Including 860 bore kit, balanced crank, flatslide carbs dished pistons titanium rings and valves and custom oil cooler. Modded fairings, EXTENDED SWINGARM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! kit, and busa front end. And I'm also running a busa rear wheel on the extensions. When paint and powder coating is done I'll be posting all the pics I got showing the before project pics and final assembly. But if it helps the ongoing debate here, yes they function, no the aren't weak and yes I do ride the bike pretty hard including 1/4 mile prior to tear down and yes I recommend them if you want to extend your bikes arm.
                              Why would you run dished pistons? And where did you source an 860 kit from? To get that displacement, you'd have to run pistons that were just over 78mm (78.15 roughly)..... Even at 78mm, running flat top pistons would net you about 9.7:1 compression at zero deck... if you ran a 3cc dish, you'd end up around 8.8:1. Too low for a naturally aspirated engine. If this isn't done yet, I'd consider changing pistons.
                              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Kit is from pro-cycle, and yes they are a small dish. Almost not even noticeable but designed for the kit's higher stroke to keep from crushing a valve. I will post all details on my thread shortly. Let's not get off topic, I jsut wanted to say that yes I have this extension kit and have had no issues so far. About 600 miles since intsall.

Comment

Working...
                                X