Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

everyone who wants to stretch their kat... i acutally found a bolt on kit!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
    He's not the "only" person who does/can make extensions like that.

Any machinist can make them. I already have my guy lined up to make me a pair for testing purposes.

Krey
    well krey.. if your machinist can make them... i would MUCH rather buy them from you... that and you could prolly drop the price a lil bit (wishful thinking)

RIP joe iwanski ... ALWAYS MISSED, NEVER FORGOTTEN!!

RIP MARC...PEGS ARE ETERNALLY DOWN FOR YOU BROTHER
    "for those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

my build threads
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103472
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105768

Comment

Originally posted by airforceranger49 View Post
      well krey.. if your machinist can make them... i would MUCH rather buy them from you... that and you could prolly drop the price a lil bit (wishful thinking)
      Let me get a quote from my machinist... and we will see...

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Krey
        sssaawwweeeeeettt!!! and def make sure you have different size adjusters... big plus!

RIP joe iwanski ... ALWAYS MISSED, NEVER FORGOTTEN!!

RIP MARC...PEGS ARE ETERNALLY DOWN FOR YOU BROTHER
        "for those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

my build threads
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103472
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105768

Comment

Krey
          im in!!! i trust you more krey
          sigpicwww.violationmotorcyclegear.com
          www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

I think this would make for alot of stress on the bolts, you could relieve it a bit with a longer fit between the extention and the swin arm and with as little clearence between parts but... I wouldn't ride hard with that thing on my bike, maybe good for a style roll around town, but not for "happier" ridding or longer trips.
            Too old to dream, too young to reason...
            I am fond of my rough edges.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by David F C View Post
              I think this would make for alot of stress on the bolts, you could relieve it a bit with a longer fit between the extention and the swin arm and with as little clearence between parts but... I wouldn't ride hard with that thing on my bike, maybe good for a style roll around town, but not for "happier" ridding or longer trips.

No stress on the bolts at all.

Guys, the only reason there are bolts through the old swingarm axle point is to preven the extensions from pulling out the back. All of the forces are pulling them into the swingarm.

The step up in size from the insert section to the external section prevents that from happening.

Really... you could run the extensions without those bolts at all!

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

i agree with BP! no chain in the pic ..... not buying it (makes me think no testing was done)
                flat tire.... not buying it (makes me think the guy has flaws in his character such as; not finishing a job or being lazy (the lazy swing arm builder who doesn't finish all his jobs)) but i could be wrong....

to krey ... if it's not drag bike worthy..... then why buy it at all?

i don't know about you guys who wanna buy it .... but i never take my bike to the track, but if i want to really open her up from a stop sign then i want to know that i can trust my chain, swing arm, brakes, and wheels &tires can handle WELL OVER the 1100cc i'm about to put in. then some.
                Last edited by il_ragazzo; 02-16-2010, 09:05 PM.
                Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                Tony
                94 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by il_ragazzo View Post
                  i agree with BP! no chain in the pic ..... not buying it (makes me think no testing was done)
                  flat tire.... not buying it (makes me think the guy has flaws in his character such as; not finishing a job or being lazy (the lazy swing arm builder who doesn't finish all his jobs)) but i could be wrong....

i don't know about you guys who wanna buy it .... but i never take my bike to the track, but if i want to really open her up from a stop sign then i want to know that i can trust my chain, swing arm, brakes, and wheels &tires can handle WELL OVER the 1100cc i'm about to put in. then some.
                  the guy told me this morning that they had to order a new chain. the pics on the websight are actually his friends bike. he has tested them on his own bike though,, coming from him anyways. the guy seemed like he really new what he was talking about. i do wish that the alluminum did extend into the stock swinger a couple more inches but his are not. im still going to look at it in person this weekend and actually meet the guy face to face. unless krey can come up with somthing before the weekend.. but even still it probably wont be much different. and probably alot cheeper. i trust krey more anyhow.
                  www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

Unless your engine has been modified enough to need a swingarm that must be braced, those extensions will work for you.

Properly installed... with the aluminum inserts into the end of the swingarm, they will provide significantly more re-enforcement to the swingarm than stock swinger setup ever though about.

My suggestion was about real drag bikes... Highly modified performance machines (and thus my joke about suzukiray's garage... ). No "street" Katana out there with a slightly modified engine (jetkits, and aftermarket exhausts... ) is going to need to worry about it too much.

As for why?... some people like the looks of an extended swingarm?

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Comment

Krey
                      www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

All of the forces are pulling them into the swingarm.
                        Just nitpicking, but if you use the back brake, it tries to pull away from the swingarm. I guess more specifically the inertia of the wheel wants to continue going, so it will try to rotate around the contact point of the brake pad, pushing the area of the wheel below the brake pad backwards. Like grabbing a spinning bicycle wheel, it will try to ride up over your hand. Not enough to cause a problem.... like I said.... just nitpicking!

The force of the drivechain tries to pull the wheel further into the swingarm (and with the flimsy stock adjusters, it can succeed!).
                        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                          Well I don't like and here is why:
                          #1 The flat tire on the Ram Pickup. Guy can make billet bike parts but cant fix a tire?
                          #2 $200 is a lot IMO for a hillbilly set up. An engineered solution would be to use a nut plate, when ever I see carriage bolts, I think swing sets..
                          #3 It isn't even fitted on the Kat in the picture.. I agree with Krey that the strength of material standpoint things are OK, but wiggly stuff happens, (Cause its a wiggly world). I like to know the guy hawking the kit has had it fully installed and tested (IE driven a few hundred miles) on it. This guy doesn't even have a chain on that bike..
                          I own the truck it has a bad tranny. I have two other trucks (That are in complete and running order) and two bikes no need to fix that truck yet. Also the guy whom made those for ME does not own that truck. We are in a class to become Motorcycle repair techs. Im over half way done and hes just about done. We both have been working on bikes for several years. He came up with the idea and needed a bike to model it on. The chain (which is on its way) will be installed and there will be videos of the use and abuse of this part. P.S. the same kit as been installed on a older Honda CBR with a simular swing arm and has been well tested. Thank you for your conserns hope this helps in all comments both positive and negative. To all ride safe and have fun!

Originally posted by nealy212 View Post
                          the guy told me this morning that they had to order a new chain. the pics on the websight are actually his friends bike. he has tested them on his own bike though,, coming from him anyways. the guy seemed like he really new what he was talking about. i do wish that the alluminum did extend into the stock swinger a couple more inches but his are not. im still going to look at it in person this weekend and actually meet the guy face to face. unless krey can come up with somthing before the weekend.. but even still it probably wont be much different. and probably alot cheeper. i trust krey more anyhow.
                          My friend whom made those for me will show you the ones on his opperating CBR and if my chain comes in I will show you the Katana pictured. Hell if you want to see it before the chain I will show it to you. I live 15-20 minutes away from him.
                          Last edited by Big_Sketch; 02-17-2010, 03:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                          Big Sketch

Comment

i think it's like lowering an h1 and putting 22" rims on it.... u know.... why would you do that?

never mind i'm just hating
                            Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                            Tony
                            94 Katana 600

Comment

i think it's like lowering an h1 and putting 22" rims on it.... u know.... why would you do that?

never mind i'm just hating
                              I enjoy the look Im 6'3" 230lbs and dont want to look like a circus bear on a moped so the strected look makes the bike look larger. Also very few of them run around stretched around Dallas so it will stand out from the pack.
                              Last edited by Big_Sketch; 02-17-2010, 04:12 AM.
                              Big Sketch

Comment

Yeah, Lets not get into that...
                                I will not stand by while someone hates another's idea of style..

Comment

Working...
                                X