X

Are my springs cut, spacers removed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are my springs cut, spacers removed?

I recently bought a 1998 KAT600. It has been lowered in the rear (scored an entire new rear shock off a 2006, with linkage and stock dogbones for $56 on ebay).

I am still worried about the front end. I am not entirely sure if it has been lowered in the front (P.O. didn't mess with suspension, he doesn't have contact info for the P.P.O.)

Is there a way (measurements?) to find out if the front has been lowered internally without opening up the forks? They are ~1mm over the front triple tree, so I know it wasn't lowered that way.....

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I can't wait to get the suspension set up so I can go out and rail on it a little.

Post up the length from the center of the front axle, to the top of the fork.

My 750 is around 29.5" sitting on the side stand.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
    X