X

Brake Pads

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Pads

Alright guys, its time for some new pads on my pre98. Where do you normally buy your pads from? Ive looked on Dennis Kirk and there are only a few options and they only sell SBS pads for the rear. Do you know of a website where I can get SBS pads for front and rear or are there better options somewhere else? Thanks guys!

personally i went with the stock compound EBC of GG in the front and HH compound in the rear also EBC brand.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Originally posted by BarMatt80 View Post
      personally i went with the stock compound EBC of GG in the front and HH compound in the rear also EBC brand.
      My advice for most riders is normally the opposite of what BarMatt stated -- EBC HH on front and Suzuki OEM (GG compound) on the rear. A lot of it depends on how long you've been riding and where you ride; HH compounds grip more (higher friction rates), but generate more heat, making them a good choice for flat-landers who aren't on the brakes constantly, but a poor choice for folks in very mountainous terrain or those doing track days. GG in the rear for anyone who hasn't gotten five years of riding under their belt, because it does make the rear more likely to lock-up.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Last edited by The CyberPoet; 08-09-2008, 02:26 PM.
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

CRAP.......cyber got it how i meant. little bit of dyslexia right there. hh front gg rear.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

HS2020 sells the Carbone Lorraine pads. I haven't run them so I can't say anything about them, but HS2020 is a good guy to deal with.
          Pics
          Pics
          No pics yet
          Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Where can you find the EBC pads online?

Comment

Personally, I order the EBC pads through my local dealer, because pads are heavy (and thus their mark-up is actually less than shipping normally comes out to).

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Dennis Kirk
                EBC for Pre GSX-F Katana both 600 & 750 ('89 to '97)
                Front HH : 19-5143 $33.99 (x2 of course)
                Rear std : 19-5065 $28.99

free shipping on orders of $100 or more lower 48 states
                Last edited by DumbLuck; 08-09-2008, 05:54 PM.
                99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Originally posted by DumbLuck View Post
                  Dennis Kirk

Are you sure the pre's take the same pads on both sides of the front? I ask because the 98+ are not the same numbers (the inner/outer pads are not mirror images of each other, and thus the front on the 98+ have two part numbers, one each for each rotor).

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Yes the pre98s use the same part number for the front. Almost the same pad on the rear. on the rear 88-2006 use the same rear pad. I sell pads cheaper than that for the pre98s. $26 a set x3.
                    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

also note that the rear pads i can confirm that your local dealer will almost 100% sure that they will have them. As they share with the gsxr and more importantly the hayabusa.

Comment

Originally posted by DumbLuck View Post
                        Dennis Kirk

Or just drive your lazy butt up there
                        Kan-O-Gixxer!
                        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                        -Ohlins Susupension
                        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                        X