X

Front fork adjusters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front fork adjusters

So do I have to have the front wheel off the ground to adjust the black knobs on top of the forks?

FYI its a 96 600
    1996 Katana 600

04 Headers
    04 oil pan
    Yosh rs-3 Slip-on
    Factory Pro Jet Kit
    Factory Pro Shift Kit
    5 degree advancer

no
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

ok so on these dials there are numbers 1,2,3 and it is currently set on 2 what will changing these settings do?
      1996 Katana 600

04 Headers
      04 oil pan
      Yosh rs-3 Slip-on
      Factory Pro Jet Kit
      Factory Pro Shift Kit
      5 degree advancer

Comment

The adjuster on my 04 is compression damping, I suspect it's the same on your 96. The higher the number the "stiffer" the damping.

Comment

1- soft 2- medium 3-hard damper control

keep all three settings the same.

Comment

Pre-98's have three settings (1 to 3); 98+ have four settings (1 to 4). They change the size of the valve opening that lets the oil through, thereby increasing/decreasing how fast it will clamp down on yo-yo'ing in the forks when they compress & release.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
            X