Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tone View Post
    fair enough !
    its still an alien concept to someone who likes corners though
    i suppose if i wanted to be low to the ground & go slow i'd build another chop
    I see how you think is might effect the bike clearance. But I guess it depend where you live and how you ride. Becuz I wont lie the last two tire that came off my bike had a nice big Chicken Strip. My area is maybe 20% curves and 80% staight. And if there is a curve is might be so mild I do even have to try. So since I commute my bike everyday to work to just fit my style perfect. But if I live in North Georgia when I could take the twisty everyday then we might be singing a different tune.
    Last edited by Rok_Stars_Bars; 08-09-2008, 11:49 AM.
    sigpic
    Update Jul 11 2014
    Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Rok_Stars_Bars View Post
      I see how you think is might effect the bike clearance. But I guess it depend where you live and how you ride. Becuz I wont lie the last two tire that came off my bike had a nice big Chicken Strip. My area is maybe 20 curves and 80 staight. And if there is a curve is might be so mild I do even have to try. So since I commute my bike everyday to work to just fit my style perfect. But if I live in North Georgia when I could take the twisty everyday then we might be singing a different tune.
      very good point sir :mrgreen:
      i was relating the idea to my own riding style & the roads i use......... lesson learnt
      Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Ok since I'm 5'2" lowering a 2006 kat "seat hight at 30.9" 2" would be ok? my inseam in 28" maybe shave seat too so I would have a slight bend in the knee. This won't effect the safety of the bike right? And I don't mind chicken strips lol !!As long as I get fries and a drink too "grin"
        Last edited by Nanakat; 10-05-2010, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Nice write up, Thanks
          I too love the lowered look!
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
          Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
          R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
          1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
          RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
          3BBB turn signal mirrors,
          Black painted seat and rear trim,
          Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

nobody has mentioned it yet that i can see but does anybody know how to stretch a rear end...93 kat 600.
            93 kat 600. on its second paintjob. all stock for now, with custom letters, shaved windshild, motortunes mp3 bike sterio. turn signals are off a 2010 toyota yaris.

Comment

Great write up. I was wondering how to lower my bike. I love the lowered look. Not alot of twisty roads around here. And this is easy enough to undo when planning a trip.

One question. How much will a 1 1/2 to 2" lowering really effect the cornering and leaning?

Comment

The bike will respond a tad quicker when turning, but it does affect leaning if you get to low. for the most part, you will be fine. the issue comes at the front forks. the lower tree of the steering mount will bottom out with the forks if you got to low. 1 1/2" is the max. you can slide the forks up through the top.

Also, if you plan on having any passengers, corning and leaning, especially to the left will be highly affected. again, you will be fine riding, but slow down a little extra in the corners.

I have about 20k miles since i lowered mine.I can corner and lean pretty well, but i do scrape the belly pan a lot. I also have aftermarket exhuast headers that fit lower than the belly pan.
                myspace
                2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Working...
                X