X

Monoshock Upgrades

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waltari and Floxera,
    Sounds like you guys have enough data for a sticky on rear shocks..

Comment

If anyone is interested, I have a 94 Gix 750 remote reservior shock for sale for $75 shipped. It was rebuilt last year for me and has about 1500 miles on it. I took it off due to being slightly weak in the spring for 2 up riding, but for a single rider it was fantastic.

A cheap alternative for the Katana also is a Bandit 1200 shock. It will bolt right in and has a stronger spring for those that may be on the hefty side. It WILL lift the tail up close to 2 inches in the process since the length is different. I am currently running my Bandit shock on my Katana since I mounted a Busa shock on the Bandit.
      Ron
      MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

I'll take the gix shock off your hands meanstrk. PM sent.
        '92 Kat restoration/mod project

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
          Waltari and Floxera,
          they have enough mod info for a mod sticky!!
          TDA Racing/Motorsports
          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
          Who knows what is next?
          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

This is good stuff! Any chance a kind & benevolent mod would make this a sticky?

Comment

now that we know a post 98 shock will fit into a pre 98 swingarm...will the post 98 shock increase the height of the rear?

Comment

Originally posted by Gsxxx600
                now that we know a post 98 shock will fit into a pre 98 swingarm...will the post 98 shock increase the height of the rear?
                No the pre98 and 98+ shocks are almost exactly the same length.
                '92 Kat restoration/mod project

Comment

thx flox

Comment

Originally posted by meanstrk
                    A cheap alternative for the Katana also is a Bandit 1200 shock. It will bolt right in and has a stronger spring for those that may be on the hefty side. It WILL lift the tail up close to 2 inches in the process since the length is different. I am currently running my Bandit shock on my Katana since I mounted a Busa shock on the Bandit.
                    Hey Ron, do you know what the difference is between a 1st generation shock and a 2nd generation B12 shock? Would either fit my 93 600 Katana? Are they rebuildable?

(sent u a PM )

Comment

Comment

based on this info, is it safe to say the gsxr 750 shock, will still raise the rear end of the bike?

Comment

SV650 ('03 shock spec): stroke length 67 to 70mm, shock length 330mm
                          98+ Kat shocks: stroke length 60mm, shock length 297mm.
                          Pre-98 Kat shocks: stroke length 59mm, shock length 298mm.

That 32-33mm difference in length for the SV650 would be very problematic to try to compensate for when installing it on a Kat.

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet

PS - I still have two (2) Ohlins rear shocks left for any model year between '88 and '06 (600 & 750 -- does not apply to the 1100's).
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Cyber, thanks for posting that info, do you have the numbers on the length for the 91 gsxr 750?

I cant find it, in my haynes manual.

thanks...

Comment

I beleive that info includes the 88-96 750's as well. If not, I don't have it.

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                                Waltari and Floxera,
                                Yeah, it sure would be nice if someone would put up a thread all about shocks and their interchange fitment and then get it stickied.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Working...
                                X