X

New guy buying Brakes..HELP!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy buying Brakes..HELP!!

Ok, i know from a previous forum to now buy sint brakes..Now the other ? is i think i saw where the front brakes are 2 different sizes and are sometimes sold sperately? and the rear come in pairs? is this true? and anybody know a cheap place to buy brakes they could link me up too...good brands will also help..thanks
    Hi my nickname is JC, I have a 2004 600 Katanna with a Hindle exuast sytem on it. I like riding and playing NCAA Football 2007 & Madden 2007 on playstation II.

Yes it is true, you have to buy 2 sets for the front.
    as for where to order I would recommend The ones that HS2020 sells, I just got a set and love them so far..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

I'm with Fred on this one. I also just got a set of pads from HS2020 on here. GREAT pads and EXCELLENT vendor service. The pads got to me in Alaska in less than one week!!

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
      who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

i would recommend stock pads in the rear.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Generally one set of pads represents everything to do one rotor's worth of brakes. On the 98+, the left and right front calipers do not take the same pads (mirror images of each other instead).

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
            Generally one set of pads represents everything to do one rotor's worth of brakes. On the 98+, the left and right front calipers do not take the same pads (mirror images of each other instead).

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            So you mean there is a left inner, right inner (same with outer)
            and right and left are different? Interesting.. Do the 98+ calipers have different piston sizes (with in the same caliper) Why do you think they did that? (non universal pads)??

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              and right and left are different? Interesting.. Do the 98+ calipers have different piston sizes (with in the same caliper) Why do you think they did that? (non universal pads)??
              There must have been some very good reason. I'm sure it had something to do with selling more brake pads.... The Bandit's brakes are different left and right as well.
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves
                There must have been some very good reason. I'm sure it had something to do with selling more brake pads.... .
                Yeah I'll go with that!

Comment

Probably in response to changes between the leading and trailing edges and how they are affected by the single-sided dual-piston set-ups on the front calipers of the 98+.
                  The 98+ is, in a sense, the inverse of the pre-98: the front calipers are single-sided, but the rear are double-sided.

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

The 98+ is, in a sense, the inverse of the pre-98: the front calipers are single-sided, but the rear are double-sided.
                    Pre 98 rear is double sided..

Comment

Pre 98 rear is double sided..
                      My bad; I was thinking about the bleeder mechanisms.

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

any recommendations for buying rotors?

Comment

alot of people just buy oem used ones off ebay.

I have looked before using ebc's part number and searching that on ebay found some relatively cheap rotors.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

I like OEM (Suzuki), EBC and Gaffer. Wave rotors have a weight savings and heat-shedding benefit, but cost more.

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X