No announcement yet.
X

my final mod.......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kwebble, ive always been in awe of your skills, ideas and bike, truely outstanding, i cant wait to see the final outcome, i know without fail it will be legendary

keep the great work going!

cheers.joe.

Comment

That's a cool idea, lots of work. Is it possible to split them apart underneath the bike with individual pipes coming up from the swing arm? I'm curious how that would look in contrast. You have an 1100 in this correct? I beleave the older gsxr's came with a dual pipe system from the factory (or some of them did). Maybe a factory header with the 4 into 2 design might make it easier to do that approach. I've contemplated different exhaust set-ups for my bike but will not be trying that until everything else is done. I've been pondering putting a 06ish 600 type exhaust on, the kind that terminate just after the fairing. Anyways keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by kwebbel
        3.30 at night now, gues i've got to go to sleep
        wheels, sprockets and shock are lined up now, a new problem occurred the midpipe won't fit due to the "bulge" off the swingarm.., will have to redesign it (or will I place the cans in the tail?)
        Btw the exhaustsystem that's for the headers, midpipe and cans is handmade by Carbon Can co in England (scorched titanium)

http://www.carboncan.co.uk/
        No Gixxer look at my signature Guy 8)

Comment

I don't look at signatures, just the pretty pictures and read posts threw only on occasion

Comment

Roger, definitely looking great! Hey at least your shock offset can be done in chromoly/steel. I had to do the same offset putting the vfr750 arm into my gsxr frame...fun in aluminum

What part of the arm is causing the interference oin the midpipe. My biggest hurdle on the gsxr/vfr combo was needing to machine new (shorter) plates for the rearsets so the would clear the bulk of the arm just past the frame downtubes.

Thanks for the updates, great inspiration!

Comment

Originally posted by guy2600
              I don't look at signatures, just the pretty pictures and read posts threw only on occasion
              clearly 8)

Matthew, to be more precise.
              As I stated before I had a complete exhaustsystem made by Carbon Can co in the UK.
              In the meantime a friend off mine crashed his Bandit and was looking for a Bandit rear but had little money to get a good one.
              Allways willing to help my friends I decided to let him have the Bandit rear I was planning to use and to go for the 750VFR swing sitting in my garage, so we rebuilt his bike.
              That moment I didn't realize the headers and midpipe wouldn't fit anymore in combo with a VFR swingarm as they were designed to fit a Bandit1200.
              The problem is as follows;
              The headers point to the rightside off the engine where the hi-level midpipe connects, from there the midpipe parts underneath between the shock and the engine rising up with about 3/4" clearance off the swingarm.
              If the swingarm used would be the Bandit swingarm there would be no issue but now it will interfere with the VFR swingarm.
              I tried to achieve the same idea having the midpipes coming from underneath the swingarm but it will never work unless I take a severe downgrade in groundclearance for granted. (a big NONO cause I like to rail that sucker )
              That's why I opted for this setup having the midpipe coming up between the open side of the swingarm and the wheel, connecting the cans above the swingarm. (don't worry I considered full travel from the swingarm/shock/wheel)

Btw I even considered the seatpipe-idea but imo it wouldn't do justice to the cans nor the tail as you'll see in the pics.

Comment

i think it looks more impressive how they were still 1 sick looking bike... awesome
                i pitty the fool that dont ride oldskool

Comment

looks goofy under the seat. Far more impressive with them out on the sides.
                  http://rides.webshots.com/album/552670376QLcRnn?start=0

Comment

that's what I said

Comment

hihi

kwebbel

what do you mean MY FINAL MOD don't think so

looking good

(hehe ff wennen dat engels )
                      GAFIF greetz you

Comment

Hi Martin,
                        Nice to see you found your way overhere to the one and only REAL Katriderscommunity
                        This is the place to be for all your questions bro, enjoy your stay.
                        Guess it's really gone be my final mod along with a new steering damper kit I bought today.

I overlooked the fact you signed up with us, did you introduce yourself allready?
                        Sure people would like to see your modding bro.

Comment

Hi Martin,
                          Nice to see you found your way overhere to the one and only REAL Katriderscommunity
                          Guess it's really gone be my final mod along with a new steering damper kit I bought today.

I overlooked the fact you signed up with us, did you introduce yourself allready?
                          yow kwebbel

i've been here for quit some time now

my mod's well they don't seem to be so interessting after the one's you made to your bike.

BUT I've bought another katana a 600F (that one from Niels hagemeyer) i think that bike becomes a STREETFIGHTER
                          GAFIF greetz you

Comment

Originally posted by GAFIF
                            Hi Martin,

yow kwebbel

i've been here for quit some time now

my mod's well they don't seem to be so interessting after the one's you made to your bike.

BUT I've bought another katana a 600F (that one from Niels hagemeyer) i think that bike becomes a STREETFIGHTER

Nice, even more dutch kat streetfighters what are your plans?
                            1990 600 kat on going projectNow with zxr 750 frontend

Comment

A little update.
                              The project is slowly coming to an end.
                              As you can see I finished the linkpipe and mount for the exhausts.
                              Full swingarmtravel is in no way obstructed by the linkpipe, there is just enough room (1/2") left if the suspension is bottoming out which I hope never will occur anyway
                              The swingarm is lined up exactly with the front.
                              The seat fits properly allthough I've a little work left once I get rid of the "stock-dents" in the tank.
                              The new chainset is in place (DID 530ZVM2,need such set to handle the torque the beast puts out)

What's left is enough to enjoy coming wintertime

(paintjob in same colorscheme, polishing rim-lips and linkpipe, making a new wiring-harness, having the frame powdercoated, reinstall everything including fairings and some minor things I won't mention)

Comment

reinstall everything including fairings and some minor things I won't mention)
                                More secret mods?!?!

Comment

Working...
                                X