No announcement yet.
X

Suspension setups... plain and simple?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension setups... plain and simple?

Can someone please post exactly what the best suspension setup would be for a completely stock Kat 600, 98+. It would be greared towards more twisties than stringt rides. I found a buinch of random info on here but it's just spread out. If someone could susggest the # of clicks etc for front and rear and so forth that would be a great help. Thanks.
    2005 600, Chopped Shovel, Smoked Turn Signals and Rear Light, 14/50 Sprocket Change, Lubetronic, Whiteface Gauges, Chrome Reflective Screen, Anodized Bar ends and Levers, Met. z3's and some nuts and bolts!!

That would be pretty hard..

Why not look at the non random posts..
    I know the information is there..

Comment

theres no cut and dry answer, theres to many variables. suspension age(wear and tear), rider weight/height, the feel you want, etc.

you just have to try the settings, theres not that many to work your way through to find what feels best for you i think.
      03 katanika

Comment

cyber had a nice write up i thought it was on his page but i could find it the other day

Comment

Proper thing would be to set the "static sag" , which requires friends and a tape measure . Look THAT up . It's been written about before .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

there seems to be a lot of things that you can adjust. Just don't want to mess n e thing up. I read in one thread that you have to make sure:

"You should adjust the front fork preload, rebound, and compression settings equally/ by the same percent or close to it, if your not sure exactly what your doing. Always make sure the right and left fork are adjusted exactly equal. "

Does a 98+ have all of those things seperatly or all in one adjustment.

Also how do most people like to ride, stiffer than stock or softer?
            2005 600, Chopped Shovel, Smoked Turn Signals and Rear Light, 14/50 Sprocket Change, Lubetronic, Whiteface Gauges, Chrome Reflective Screen, Anodized Bar ends and Levers, Met. z3's and some nuts and bolts!!

Comment

If you really want to understand it, and what the symptoms are when it's set poorly, go grab a copy of the July 06 (new) issue of TWO (Two Wheels Only) magazine at the local newstand or Borders or Barnes & Noble. Great write up...

They take two riders (one a former titled pro-rider, the other an amateur track star) and two matching bikes, then tweak the settings in some way and send them out (without telling them what the setting changes were), then take their comments when they return from doing a lap... a great eye-opener on what setting changes create what effects.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

will do, thanks once again

Comment

You can also check out SportRider magazine's website. They had a number of articles about suspension set up.

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn
                    You can also check out SportRider magazine's website. They had a number of articles about suspension set up.
                    +1

SportRider's site has the how-to to actually do the set-up correctly. The TWO article I was referring to actually talks about the feeling at the bike from the rider's perspective so you can correlate the changes with the feedback the bike is giving you in case you need to tweak your settings further from standard due to your particular kinds of road surfaces/weight/etc.

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                    X