Where to buy pads

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy pads

Search? Don't even go there!!!

I know what I need, I just need to know where to get them..
    I'm not sure I'm going for HH rated pads BTW..
    So who knows a good online source for pads?

i got mine from http://www.calsportbike.com/ not sure if they are the best priced but at the time they seemed pretty good. also very good customer service. just give them an email and they will hook you up.
    03 katanika

Comment

Hmmmm
      Not listing Pre 98...
      I'll email them anyway
      Thanks!

Comment

I scored mine from http://www.bikebandit.com

Check it!

Comment

I totally forgot they have after market stuff...
          Best try ron ayers too huh?

DOH!!

Comment

Ron Ayers has them for 24.88
            BB 30.59...

I'll give Ron Ayers a go..
            Thanks !

Comment

IMHO: your local dealer.

Why?
              Because aftermarket brake pads have small enough margins that shipping is more expensive than buying them at SRP from the dealer.
              Walk into your dealer, ask for the PartsUnlimited catalog, find the EBC HH pads for your bike and order them through him.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                IMHO: your local dealer.

Why?
                Because aftermarket brake pads have small enough margins that shipping is more expensive than buying them at SRP from the dealer.
                Walk into your dealer, ask for the PartsUnlimited catalog, find the EBC HH pads for your bike and order them through him.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                im never buying anything from my local dealers again (except a local helmet shop). everytime i go to a dealer they have to order the parts. then they order the wrong part and give me hell to go through to get the part reorder without some restocking fee. even though they ordered the wrong part and i didn even leave the store with it.

customer service is always a joke. the first time in the store its great they make ordering a breeze and take the money. when you come back with a problem they look at you like your trying to steal from them. i never get to talk to the same person twice, i always make a note of their name and ask for them the next time in. but oddly they are never there the second time!

so from now on any bike part i order online. car parts i go to napa or checker or autozone. all have great service and bend over backwards to get my part to me as fast as possible. never have they made a big deal about returns either.
                03 katanika

Comment

I bought through Cyclebrakes.com, and ordered Galfer green (GG) pads for the front, which are a step down from HH - I wanted something with a good bite, but also that would be easier on the rotors, and wasn't such a "race" application.....Apparently these are supposed to be just that, due to the softer, more versatile compound.
                  FrankenKat 1216
                  GS Fiter 816
                  GSXR750! (race)

Comment

Originally posted by DooD
                    I bought through Cyclebrakes.com, and ordered Galfer green (GG) pads for the front, which are a step down from HH - I wanted something with a good bite, but also that would be easier on the rotors, and wasn't such a "race" application.....Apparently these are supposed to be just that, due to the softer, more versatile compound.
                    GG is the same as the stock pad

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by CyberPoet
                      I'm actually buying a few items;
                      New oil filler cap, caliper seals so on.
                      I fugured once I "broke into" buying from Ron Ayers,
                      I might as well pick up a few things I need.
                      Shipping isn't much..

Comment

Working...
                      X