No announcement yet.
X

handleing tailgaters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got hit by a car when I was turning around and he was passing aggressively at the same time, I didnt see any cash except for the totaled bike money from Allstate insurance
    sigpic

Comment

cagers annoy me when im on my bike. they constantly are giving me close calls.

Most of them realize when they are halfway into my lane that im there and swerve back and go "oh **** im sorry"

not too many tailgate me though. but then again i ride about 5 mph above the flow of traffic so i control who i am around. i admit i paranoid of them tho. im constantly looking behind me because my mirrors arent the greatest

Comment

Slightly worn, was going to replace it but then dediced to go with the 600 tail... but...

My own personal message to tailgaters...
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Nice idea, but I don't know that I'd cover my brake light with a sticker...
          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

I thought of that before I put it on years ago (it's been on there for over 12 years now). So, I put it on and checked to see if it caused any issues.

It's clear, and does not detract from the "light" aspect in any way, even in the day. I've even checked with and no other riders have ever said they had an issue with being able to clearly seen when the light came on. You can't really see the sticker on the light 15 feet or more away.

If your close enough to see the actual sticker due to the hand only being an outline your way too close anyways... thus the whole point of the sticker.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Ok my opinion mirrors some of the responses here. In todays day and age you have to be careful people out there are not thinking twice about shooting you and i don't think i want to get into a roadrage dispute when i'm on a bike you are almost always going to lose especially in high traffic areas. And if you get shot or hit by the offender and you die well he may get locked up but your already dead. Ive been involved in my share of fights in bars and clubs and i don't fear having to throw down i am also a martial artist and gun owner but i would rather pull over myself and let them go speeding up may not always be an option in high traffic areas not safely at least. I want to stay safe and widh the same for all of you that way maybe some of us will meet in person one day instead of reading another tragic story in this forum.
              sigpic

Comment

A buddy of mine says he lets them pass and then after they have gone ahead he speeds up and passes them but he reaches his hand out and re adjusts there mirror. I have never seen him do it nor have i done it but it sure does sound cool. MOstly i just go faster and get out of the way or pull over and let them go around me.
                Mike G
                06 Katana 750

sigpic

Comment

Ive done that to one of my buddies riding, came up to him and hit his kill switch and his mirror and then dipped off. Hes stuck with his bike stopping in traffic

Comment

That's wrong, wrong, wrong. Totally wrong.
                    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

ya but funny funny funny

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
                        That's wrong, wrong, wrong. Totally wrong.
                        it was to johna600 hes a member on here. Wicked funny.

Comment

tailgaters

In my state you just get their plate number and go to dmv and you can get their address for like $2.00. Now that you know where they live, you can do what ever makes you happy to them, their house, or their car. I use to have business cards that I would leave under their wipers that read " if you f**k like you park, you must never get it in". I'm sure someone could think of something simular to use for tailgaters, so that you could leave them a little message of how you really feel without getting into the face to face confrontations.
                          93 kat 600 getting ready for paint

Comment

[QUOTE=Scout;1613846]I've found that doing a "slalom" manuever in front, but staying in the lane while doing so causes them to back off. It must look like I'm out of control to them, because it usually works pretty dang fast.....

Well I had to try this today. I had a cager that kept racing up to catch me everytime there was a bit of distance between us. I'd say less than about a bike length if not less at the closest at 50 km/h during a merge...so I flashed the taillight few times quickly and did the ol slalom....he backed off quite quickly and stayed there. thanks.
                            2004 GSX750F

Comment

I know there are a few that joke about the finger and all in this thread but with the conceal/carry laws out there you never know who you may p***off and how they will react...my experience has showed that tapping the brake light work most of the time without an issue, but if it continues to be a problem, I would just pull off and let them go by ...my life and bike are worth the extra time it may take to stay safe. JMO.

Comment

I typically do the slolam maneuver as well. But there was this one time...

This guy was riding my arse and brake checking him didn't work, so I forced him to pass me. He was driving like a reject cutting other people off and not getting any where faster. I stayed in my lane and managed to pass him. So this guy cuts me off so bad that the breeze from his civic caused my front tire to wobble. I swear he was less than a foot in front of me. I got so raged that I took my helmet off and speed by him in the hammer lane and smashed his side mirror with my helmet. My helmet still has a pretty bad scratch, but I felt a lot better.

Comment

Working...
                                X