X

Lowering Yoour Bike all around

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowering Yoour Bike all around

I figure I would share with everyone some pics and info on lowering your bike front and back. On a 2005 Suzuki Katana 600 The front can be lower just by loosen 6 bolts total, 3 on each side. But to lower the rear you need to order Lowering Links. A perfer seller of my is a Katrider member his name is ne-oublie his profile links is http://katriders.com/vb/member.php?u=477. PM him, he responses fast and it is only $35.00 and with super Fast shipping. Also he make the links himself becuz he is a Machinist and plus he make them out of 304 stainless which is stronger then aluminium links that are on ebay plus the ebay and other lowering links are $50 plus but his are $35.

But here are some pics of before and after and what bolts to loosen or remove to get the job done.

WHEN LOWERING YOUR BIKE LIKE I DID FRONT 1 1/2 AND REAR 2 THE KICKSTAND MUST BE SHORTEN 3/4". I SHORTEN MY 1/2" AND I DON'T LIKE IT. IT JUST DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH ANGLE. I RECOMMEND SHORTEN KICKSTAND 3/4" A MUST.

Also, I recommend using Lock-tite and proper torque spec on everything. Especially something like suspension. We don't need bolt coming loose just becuz you didn't torque your fasters to the spec and lock-tite it to keep it strong from road-vibrations.

BEFORE: OEM SUSPENSION

AFTER: Front: 1 1/2" drop Rear: 2" drop (Its dirty, I rode it to work in the rain today.)

BELOW: This is how the forks will look with the front drop 1 1/2" I didn't like it at first but now it grown on me. U don't even notice them unless your just focus on them.

BELOW: This is one of the 6 bolts on the front you must loosen to drop the front. The bolt are on in the same location on each side.

BELOW: Theses 2 bolt have to be loosen also to drop the front they are located under the instrument panel or u can say behind the headlights. Between theses 2 pics if you loosen them and the opposite side your front end should drop (CAUTION: Loosen the final bolt slowly, the front end will drop fast and hard you don't want to bust up your fender and front end.)

BELOW: Now installing Lowering Links. Just Remove 2 bolt and installed the links. Sounds easy it not without the right tools. And one things I did to make the swingarm move up and down easy to a tie down strap going around swingarm and through the bike luggage straps so you can rachet it up or down depending on how you want to remove to bolts

BELOW: The bottom bolt is real easy Just a 17mm and 19mm socket and wrench setup will great.

For the rear links this website gives alot of good details http://antihero.fileburst.com/bikes/...ringLinks.html

P.S. The reason I lower my bike because I wanted too. I think it looks kewl and now I done it I love it. Any question just ask.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rok_Stars_Bars; 03-19-2008, 08:16 PM.
    sigpic
    Update Jul 11 2014
    Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

pictures aren't working for me.
    myspace
    2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by Mat0302 View Post
      pictures aren't working for me.
      Hmm I don't know they are loading up on my screen. Is anyone else having this problem?
      sigpic
      Update Jul 11 2014
      Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Hey Bud, glad you like them. Pics not working for me either, figured it's cos i am at work.
        Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

Pics worked for me. Great write up. I may have to do this. also I have a krazy kreation undertail. that rear looks pretty low. will I still have clearance if I lowered that much???
          Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
          www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Originally posted by Erki View Post
            Pics worked for me. Great write up. I may have to do this. also I have a krazy kreation undertail. that rear looks pretty low. will I still have clearance if I lowered that much???
            I think so. But I plan on adding a undertail also. But I need to look and I will add some pics tommarrow of the clearances close-up front and rear. Im really just worry about bumps and a passenger on the rear with rear tire rubbing but IDK. I havn't really looked hard. But tommarrow I will measure and take some pics.
            sigpic
            Update Jul 11 2014

Comment

I had to remove my hugger when I lowered mine. It is back to stock heigth now. I think you may run into clearance issues with the KK undertail, but don't quote me, I have an artfibras undertail which is real deep...

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
              You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

yeah I noticed the artfibras were deeper and allowed the tire to tuck up in.
                Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
                www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Does lowering the bike negatively affect its handling?

Comment

picks work. Great write up

Comment

Originally posted by LAsunbird86 View Post

IMO no. When I did mine, I thought the steering response was a slight quicker. It's not a large difference though
                      myspace
                      2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by LAsunbird86 View Post

only when i was dragging pegs and the centerstand....yes, i drug the centerstand...off camber turn, it was very un-nerving...

You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
                          only when i was dragging pegs and the centerstand....yes, i drug the centerstand...off camber turn, it was very un-nerving...
                          I have had the footpeg touch once, but I removed the centerstand. to me it is not necessary because I can't get it up by myself. I keep it in the garage and reattach it when I need too.
                          myspace
                          2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

I have since removed mine during riding season..it is only on now for winter storage...I'm also to the point of dragging pegs at stock heigth...finally got me some leathers and knee pucks

Comment

Shortening kickstand

I had bought a lowered katana and had it raised recently, however the cut-off kickstand does not work since its too short, I am changing it with a new stand. My question is when I cut the stock kickstant, is it necessary to weld back the bottom/toe of the stand?

Please advise,

Ash

Comment

Working...
                              X