From Indian Rocks Beach, I'll be in the area on Monday
      myspace
      2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

I'M ALL OVER IT - THANKS CTANDC!

=-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I think it's probably an abused machine....

Also , the clutch will slip at full throttle during low RPM's. Still raceable if opened from start.
          But if you can get it for cheap....
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Wow! Excellent find! That could be the one!
            "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
            JOHN 16:33

Comment

Could be, but I do know it's abused. I spoke with the owner and he spoke of some stunting, oil leak from the head (he doesn't know if it's the head gasket or something else -- not enough mech ability), slipping clutch, dented tank, front tire shot, and fairing scratches -- and he's only had it about 3-4 months and wants to move up to something "more powerful"...

On the other hand, a clutch job I can do in an afternoon in the parking lot (no garage needed), tires are tires and I rarely like what comes on any Kat (gotta have my Z6's), and so the make-or-break points will be the tank (gotta check for rust as well) and the oil leak (if I'm lucky, it's just an spark plug gasket gone bad) plus how the forks & left side look. So, cross your fingers boys... even if it's only a temp solution until I get something else, I taint proud enough to not to ride a viable Kat

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

It is good that he only had it a few months. It is too hard to wheelie for a squid. Minor fixes and she will be ready to go. I wonder if the leak is coming from the drain plug and he just doesn't know any better.
                "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."

Comment

the price is right!

Comment

This is what I love about this site. The people always willing to help out or look out for each other! Way to go fellas!! Best of luck, CP!
                    Life's not always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride!! 94 Katana 600/750 and 99 Harley Electra-Glide

Comment

You could always turn around and sell it later when you get some more spare cash. If you get it cheap enough, you can make some $$$ on it.

At least you would be riding.

Good luck.
                      2007 Honda CBR600rr
                      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                      sigpic

Comment

If it DOES turn out to be a head gasket , them ain't all THAT hard to change out . Part costs about $30 , will take most of a day to swap out (if you ain't gotta drop the engine . Pre you don't have to , but I head of some trouble with the post for some reason ...) .
                        But , if you ain't scared , you can use that as a bargaining chip and get the price lowered . Then ride it up here and I'll put in the new head gasket for ya .
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

i get the pipe , winshield and bra
                          sigpic

Comment

Man if this one only had the title!

I e-mailed him asking why no title. I do notice he is a soldier so maybe he lost it or something.

This is another gem and while it has a nice price, he is willing to go lower with that best offer option.

Another Kat!
                            Last edited by KatanaSoldier; 01-18-2008, 09:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Malloc View Post
                              i get the pipe , winshield and bra
                              You still have an extra Yoshi SS pipe at my place!
                              Trade you the pipe for a stock pipe
                              Bra is yours if I get it...
                              Windshield? Why?

KantanaSoldier:
                              No title = no interest.
                              No bikes that were registered in LA or MS during Katrina (too much likelihood of storm-related/flooded-out issues)
                              The red one out of Miami is schweet... wonder what his minimum is (bidding hasn't hit reserve).
                              But remember, I'm working on a cash-poor basis for now -- figure if I was willing to wait until end-of-March, I'd have a much better basis to draw against, but at $1k, the local bike is worth investigating at minimum...

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Last edited by The CyberPoet; 01-18-2008, 11:31 AM.
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X