No announcement yet.
X

CyberPoet Check this one out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as the katrina bikes there is also a good chance of them being stolen. The wreckers used to haul out vechicles were pretty much given free reign. I know I was there with my guard unit for the whole fiasco.

But it would give new meaning to a flooded engine. Ha Ha.
    Wish You Were Here? And Yes That is Aaron Yates In The Background.

MY BIKE
    http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/i...rsionpardner1/

AMA SUPERBIKE RACE PICS:
    http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/i...20race%20pics/

Comment

Originally posted by Malloc View Post
      i get the pipe , winshield and bra
      Don't you have enough Bras already?
      '06 600 Katana
      http://www.facebook.com/herb.wright
      Official Member of the I Own A 98+ But I Think Pre's Look Good Also Club

Originally posted by Kreylyn
      Okay.... Have you have figured out some way to make the bottom of your bike and the top of the bike closer together... maybe put it under a steam roller or something?

Comment

Marc, here is what the guy replied with no title.

Thank you for your interest and there is a possibility of retreiving the title to this. If you would like further information please feel free to call me direct for explanation.315-222-8185 Thanks Jeremy
        Last edited by KatanaSoldier; 01-18-2008, 02:43 PM.
        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
        JOHN 16:33

Comment

As a bonus, it looks like it has only been ridden in a straight line.
          Check out Motojour.com.

Red is the fastest color!

Comment

I called the guy on Ebay. As Ft Lee is 15 minutes from me. The guys is military. He bought the bike last year. It's not stolen...he volunteered to let me come look at Sunday and run the VIN. The thing is, it's passed hands 3 times with bills of sale and no title.

Dent on the tank. 4500 miles. Hardly ridden at all from the looks of it.

I'm going to check it out Sunday. It probably wouldn't be a good candidate for a replacement, since getting a title would involve filing 'abandoned' vehicle, making sure no liens etc etc. I did it once on a project car that was given to me. Took me 6 months and countless phone calls and letter before I finally got a title.

I'll check it out and report back. But location and title situation don't look promising. If Marc defers interest in it, I may entertain the idea of picking it up to use drivertrain in 91 600.

I'll post a link to this thread / post in the classfieds to see who might be interested in parts.

Comment

Originally posted by ctandc View Post
              I called the guy on Ebay. As Ft Lee is 15 minutes from me. The guys is military. He bought the bike last year. It's not stolen...he volunteered to let me come look at Sunday and run the VIN. The thing is, it's passed hands 3 times with bills of sale and no title.

Dent on the tank. 4500 miles. Hardly ridden at all from the looks of it.

I'm going to check it out Sunday. It probably wouldn't be a good candidate for a replacement, since getting a title would involve filing 'abandoned' vehicle, making sure no liens etc etc. I did it once on a project car that was given to me. Took me 6 months and countless phone calls and letter before I finally got a title.

Nice! Yup, I have seen soldiers abandon cars and Kats for reasons just like this. Hopefully you get a great deal and can track down the original owner or get the dmv to give you a break.
              "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaSoldier View Post
                Nice! Yup, I have seen soldiers abandon cars and Kats for reasons just like this. Hopefully you get a great deal and can track down the original owner or get the dmv to give you a break.
                I'll let everyone know after I see it Sunday...but it's more than likely from out of state. And filing for a title on an abandoned vehicle can take FOREVER. You have to file paperwork via certified mail, and there are always waiting periods involved to give listed owners a chance to respond on a title search etc.

Might be a good opportunity to swap a 750 into my Kat and help some Kat riders out who need parts.

Comment

You could also buy a seperate frame with a title and transfer the parts from the no title bike to the titled frame.

Though this does cause considerable more work than to just buy a bike with a title.

Comment

Originally posted by ctandc View Post

Might be a good opportunity to swap a 750 into my Kat and help some Kat riders out who need parts.

Exactly. Speedee has much advice about that.

Comment

I think that for a 1000.00 you can do a little leg work .. doesn't sound like it's a beater bike. Another 4 monthes and it might have been, though.

Just my .02, always best wishes bro. I wish I could be of more help.
                      The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

I bought the local bike. Full report late tonight or early tomorrow when I get done with what I have to do. Bottom line: neglect more than abuse, if I didn't buy it, the guy would have killed himself on it in short order.

PS - THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO MADE THIS POSSIBLE!

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Awesome man!! Good to hear.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Congrats Cyber! Post some pics when you get it.

Comment

... and the journey continues ... Roll strong, bro. Congratulations !!!

keyword: theft insurance
                              The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Now the fun begins anew!!!!! Good luck and have fun!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X