No announcement yet.
X

92 GSXR 1127 engine into 750F Kat, questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, on the parts list they're called intake pipes. I can be pedantic.

Comment

Pedantic, no accurate. They are called pipes. Boot is slang if you will.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by buffalobill View Post
        Later for that, anyway it's obvious a 4>1 system would mean no belly pan. I like the belly pan!

So WOW, started up today no problem!
        Sounded great, basso rumble!
        One issue, it's idling up at 3-4 grand, idle screw don't do anything. So must be vacuum leak, and probably the O rings.
        Bummer is I got some from bikebandit but they're a bit too small, 39.7mm inside dia. They won't stay in the groove long enough to put the pipe back on.
        I'm gonna try to buy some O rings at the auto parts or hardware store.
        If everything goes good I'll be ready to start mine next Saturday. Nothing ever goes to plan so i can say for certain it will be "running" in the next 2 weeks. I've got about $400 in parts left to buy tonight, cdi, oil, plugs, starter, alternator, ect. So I guess it comes down to shipping.

It should be pretty fun with less weight than a stock bandit 1200.
        Last edited by Tekgnome; 11-14-2015, 09:23 AM.
        Tekgnomes Crazy Custom Fighter
        The Screaming Banshee <

Big Bore B12 swapped madness

Comment

Kan't get the idle below 4000.
          Kinda stumped at this point.
          Made sure of all possible vacuum leaks:
          New O rings.
          Tight hose clamps.
          Tight cap on #4.
          Idle screw adjusted to 0.
          Could it be the CDI box?
          I see conflicting opinions about CDI compatibility by Cyberpoet and Sweetlou.
          Sweetlou "I have a katana 750 CDi on my Gixxer 1100 engine, and it runs fine. And part numbers are not always the same for the bikes, but they are the same part. Suzuki just liked to be screwy that way."
          Sweetlou ain't been on since 2013

Comment

Linkage or enriched would be my next target for inspection.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

I've gone through the throttle and choke linkage, no tightness there.
              Do think the carbs are too rich? They probably are but would that bump up the idle?

Comment

If you think about it, the enricher supplies more fuel so, yeah. Did you sync yet? That could also cause it to idle high. You should be able to stall the motor with the idle screw turned out to nothing.
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

These carbs were synced to the 750, ran very well just days ago before the swap.
                  Looking at the butterfly valves before I put on the airbox, they are sitting almost shut.

Comment

Yeah, check the sync..just to rule it out of the mix.
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran

Comment

• Well, it's been sitting for over an hour in 50' air, so I took the airbox off for look at the carbs as they idle. Started without choke, warmed up and the idle climbed as it did.
                      Reading the Dynotune trouble shoot guide, it has to be very rich. The problem is in the range of the pilot air jet and the needle.
                      Tomorrow, I'll turn the pilot mix screws in from 2.5 out, down to 1.5, and drop the needle to it's lowest setting.
                      That will lean the lower rpms.

Comment

• Originally posted by buffalobill View Post
                        Well, it's been sitting for over an hour in 50' air, so I took the airbox off for look at the carbs as they idle. Started without choke, warmed up and the idle climbed as it did.
                        Reading the Dynotune trouble shoot guide, it has to be very rich. The problem is in the range of the pilot air jet and the needle.
                        Tomorrow, I'll turn the pilot mix screws in from 2.5 out, down to 1.5, and drop the needle to it's lowest setting.
                        That will lean the lower rpms.
                        Sync the carbs before you do anything else.

Sync is specific to the engine AND is supposed to be done every time they are removed even on the same engine.

Heat causing the rpm to rise suggests a vacuum leak. Out of sync is a vacuum leak.

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

• Thanks, that gives me something to try next.
                          I got the pilot mix screws one turn out, and the needles at the 2nd notch down (equals stock needle setting).
                          This only got it down to 3000 RPM.
                          Back later.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                            Sync is specific to the engine AND is supposed to be done every time they are removed even on the same engine.
                            Krey
                            Agreed...when swapping my pre98 600cc engine to a post-98 600cc engine I never completely removed the carbs from the bike. I simply zip tied them back a few inches with out even tilting them. They were still in the up right position as if they had never been removed but they still needed to be re-synced. Its all about intake velocity, or pipe velocity as you put it due to worn rings/compression ratio. I went through this trouble because just about 1 year earlier I had the carbs completely rebuilt by a professional. I was trying my best to keep from having issues , but in the end they needed to be re-synced.
                            Last edited by katanarider; 11-15-2015, 10:45 AM.
                            My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
                            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

• Ok thanks, we have that out of the way.
                              I now have a very well synchronized engine that idles at 2500-2800RPM.
                              Progress but not there yet.

Well, just took the gauges off and put the caps back on.
                              It is idling down where it belongs, but kinda rough, needs throttle.
                              So I'll back out the pilot screws 2 turns.

Thanks, just could not figure the carb sync would have an impact on the RPMs, only on the roughness.
                              Last edited by buffalobill; 11-15-2015, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• It's a throttle plate adjustment so, yes on both counts.
                                spammer police
                                USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                                X