Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• katanarider
    replied
    +1
    I'm wondering about those 750 carbs on that motor. Ever get the RPMs down ?

Leave a comment:

• Kreylyn
    replied
    Bill, it's been almost a year? Any updates?

Leave a comment:

• buffalobill
    replied
    "I don't know, it was Greek to me".
    I loved English class, and art.

Leave a comment:

• zuma
    replied
    ...and you guys were probably good at algebra too

Leave a comment:

• buffalobill
    replied
    Sombody's advice was

Originally posted by B-Man View Post
    Hey Bill - What did you end up doing with your air box ? The gap between the frame and the tank looks smaller than before ??
    Somebody advised me to heat up the high places on the airbix and push them in a bit, that worked.
    I also cut some short metal pieces to connect the airbox to the tank support bracket, about a 20mm offset from stock.

I had an issue with the swingarm brace and the muffler support bolt, it's head got trapped under the brace, so the swingarm was not swinging down. Plus, the clutch was slipping. I did a whole track day with it like that.
    On the track day I had both those issues, I was demoted for not being able to keep up out of the turns, I also had to rise off the seat and ride the pegs through the bumpy corners.

I redid my muffler hanging rackets and fixed that issue.
    The slipping clutch I figured out when I looked at the installation warnings for new clutch discs, it stated "They should NOT to be used with 100% synthetic oil". Bummer that's what I put in there!
    So I drained that out and poured in standard motorcycle oil, the clutch seems to be gripping good again.

Leave a comment:

• B-Man
    replied
    Hey Bill - What did you end up doing with your air box ? The gap between the frame and the tank looks smaller than before ??

Leave a comment:

• 92xjunker
    replied
    Exhaust......wouldn't be surprised if it were over 20#. Tail I'll add a few pounds for the light fixture.

Leave a comment:

• buffalobill
    replied
    What's your estimate for the weight difference between the dual 1100 Katana exhaust, and the 4-2-1 system I show?
    As for the tails, compare the street version with lights, and the track only fiberglass tail with all lights and sub-sub frame removed.
    Last edited by buffalobill; 07-07-2016, 07:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 92xjunker
    replied
    Interested to see the actual weight between the two tails...7.5-10# would be my guess.

Leave a comment:

• buffalobill
    replied
    Project not finished, damn!

Ok, so I got a wild hair up my ass to spend more money on my 26 year old Katana.
    So I'm looking at replacing the steel subframe with an aluminum subframe from a 93 GSXR.

Plus a SRAD type tail from Air Tech, all fiberglass.

And I just purchased this 4>2>1 header and can off ebay

I dunno, I'm just a gas punk

Leave a comment:

• buffalobill
    replied
    Thanks a bunch!!!

Leave a comment:

• B-Man
    replied
    Congrats !!! That is bad-ass !!!

I hope to do the same one day, but I want to keep her a street machine. Just want more power for two-up riding...

Leave a comment:

• buffalobill
    replied
    Bike is on the road!

Ok, long wait but I got the bike running and on the road, did 50 miles today.
    Idle is still high at 2300 RPM, and that may be a cam and valve issue I don't wanna deal with during track season. This will work very well for a trackday bike.
    I think I got a medium cool bike

Leave a comment:

• katanarider
    replied
    The Katana 1100 California edition came with 42.5 / Part # 09492-42010
    As far as I know they are interchangeable. "shpielers" swapped his California jets for the 32.5 , he may still have them laying around. I'd send him a pm to see if he wants them.

Leave a comment:

• buffalobill
    replied
    Not a good day for burning

Those long boy needles look like a very good idea, but not the price for now.
    The #25 idle jets came today, but the opening is larger that the #30.
    Bummer, it would have been useful to know that the opening gets bigger as the number gets smaller.
    So I put the original jets in #32.5, but the engine won't fire up_
    I can't get mad because: it's raining, the humidity is 100%, the temp is 59 and the dew point is 59, everything metal is covered with dew.
    Just have to wait for dry weather.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X