X

WILEY CO IS ON

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOWWWWWWW!!!!

I used the advice of the pipe adapter from Advance Auto Parts and cut approximately 3/4 inch off the WileyCO side. When in like a charm. Used the other clamp supplied to clamp the WileyCo adpater side. I can barely, I mean barely feel just a touch of a leak..i will tighten a little more later after riding. Everything else is great...

What a perfect sounding can....just awesome...thanks everyone for your help.

I just got the 600 mile break in service performed today also.

I love taking the bike up to 9000RPM .....woot such a big difference.

JCoria

Comment

• Originally posted by The CyberPoet
      Originally posted by Ghir
      FYI for the canucks ordering from this guy... make sure you tell him to put MOTORCYCLE PARTS on the custom declaration form when he ships your order.... which carries no Duty. He put AUTO PARTS on mine and I had to pay duty (which I will contest, but its a pain!!) That'll save you about 10 bucks.
      I had a number of people who purchased the Ohlin shocks from me have to pay duty -- and I tagged every single shipment to Canada as MOTORCYCLE PARTS.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Weird... I got a helmet shipped in from the UK, and it was tagged as Motorcycle Parts and no duty....

I guess it's still a fish shoot....

Comment

• AUTOZONE ADAPTER AND GOOD TO GO

I followed the advice in this thread and 'voila! What a sweet sound. One thing though, I don't seem to need the "L" bracket.....
        Attached Files
        THE DOC
        RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
        Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
        mistake when you make it again.
        sigpic

Comment

• anyone know if any more of these are in stock somewhere?
          98+ 600f
          2002 Blue Kat

Comment

• This is where most of us got ours.

Looks like he's out of 600s though.
            Kyle

Comment

• isnt the 750 the same size as a 600 tho?

i thought 750 exhaust was same size, past the header at least.
              2002 Blue Kat

Comment

• I thought someone on here put a 750 on. I can't remember who, though.
                Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                -Terence

Comment

• Originally posted by sneth
                  isnt the 750 the same size as a 600 tho?

i thought 750 exhaust was same size, past the header at least.
                  98+ the have the same mid-pipe diameter. I don't know the difference in the opening size on the WileyCo 600 vs 750, but the difference in passage sizes at the exit to the pipe on the OEM exhausts between the 98+ 600 & 750 Kats is minimal (something like 0.18" difference).

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

• I just got mi wileyco today and slapped it on. I "slightly altered"mine with a rubber mallot to fit into the header. Went right in and sounds great!!!. Also, I have a 2000 600 and the pipe I ordered stated for a 750. fits fine.
                    Warning!! Will ride at anytime for no reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seabeefester
                      Okay Guys,

Im sorry I didnt put this on earlier. I can post pics if you want. For One dollar and 88 cents, $1.88, plus local sales tax, you can go to advance autoparts and get an adapter. You need 2/18" ID X 2 1/8" OD adapter. ID is inside diameter and OD is outside adapter. Hammer the end that fits into the midpipe and the other goes into the collector. No leaks just sits bac an extra inch or so. It sounds bad ass and you cant beat the price with a stick. Its easy its cheap and you cant beat the price. Best of all you put you stock back on just as easy as it came off with no change to the stock set up. Took roughly a half hour to install and 3 trips to autozone to get the right fit. If you want pics I can post some tomorrow. Let me know guys. And the response I got from Wiley Co is that the exhaust will work but is not compatible with my 05 750. Well its on and it works fine. Something about a change in 02 but we all know that its been the same since 98. I love that exhaust.
                      I'm confused... I was at the AutoValue (no advance autoparts here) looking for a adaptor... they had a bin full of adaptors... and they were like 2" ID x 2" OD, 2 1/4" ID x 2 1/4" OD... couldn't find a 2/18" ID x 2 1/8" OD.

I saw a few 1 1/4" ID, but those ends were SMALL.... is it really like 2/18"ID?? wouldnt that end be really really super small?

I'm referring to this...

Comment

• I'm thinking it's supposed to be 2 1/8"ID x 2 1/8"OD.
                        Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                        -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                        -Terence

Comment

• Yeah... I'm thinking that.... but notice up in the thread the question has been raised explicitly and it has been explicitly confirmed. But it just doesn't make sense.

I mean, I'm sure it's possible to find out, but I mean why run back and forth to the hardware store if we can just get this sorted out here.

Comment

• Originally posted by brooder
                            I'm thinking it's supposed to be 2 1/8"ID x 2 1/8"OD.
                            THIS IS THE CORRECT MEASUREMENTS. THAT IS WHAT I PURCHASED EXACTLY...WORKED PERFECTLY ....i love the pipe

JC

Comment

• Yeah moving the " / "over one space and it makes more sense, I know I looked at 2/18 and thought WTF?

Off to Crappy tire I go
                              Kyle

Comment

Working...
                              X